starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another shoes thread

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Thanks, guni. Looks like I can get the ironwork III's for $99 since they're discontinued. Anything I should know about sizing?

Rule of thumb is that it should be the same shoe size you have for dress shoes. Worked for me.

After all that I found a 10% off code for the Ristos, making them basically the same cost as the Rogue Rips (once you add Rogue's shipping). I bought the Risto White Thunders and will post my thoughts on them for future shoe shoppers.

Thanks, everyone.

I just got some Rogue Do-Wins and they're pretty true to normal size. I wear a 9 in just about every shoe and the Rogues fit well. The older runs were a little off on size but the new ones are much better. That's what the guy from Rogue Canada told me and it worked out well for me.

I have Wei Ruis. They are fine. Definitely an improvement over Chucks, but I haven't tried the pricier options, so I can't really compare to Ristos etc.

starting strength coach development program
    According to Rogue's Facebook page, they will no longer carry the Rips. Strange, they seem to have received a new shipment just a couple of days ago, because most sizes suddenly became available, and were still available as of late last night. But as of now, they've disappeared from Rogue's weightlifting shoes page, but are still available on the closeout items page. They have a new offering, the Adidas Powerlift Trainers (.60" heel height), which is intended to be more of a "Starting Strength" type shoe than their two other current offerings (the Rogue Do-wins and the Nike Romaleos).
    Last edited by trencherman; 06-23-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123