starting strength gym
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Strength is too hard to maintain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    2 week RFL cycle nearly done - on track to cut around 6.5 maybe 7kg for the 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    He's not doing it wrong. Carnivaur isn't coming off a bulk like the rest of you guys since he's been cutting for a while. This means the easy weight losses (water, less food in gut, glycogen etc) that occur immediately upon commencing a diet aren't there for him. The real fat losses that happen after the quick initial weight loss can easily involve strength loss.
    It can involve some, but 40lbs of strength for 5lbs of fat loss still seems like an unusually high amount (though I only squat around 255lbs, not 400, so maybe stuff gets more finicky when working in the higher end of strength).

EDIT: Holy fuck this thread is not 1 page but 11. I am kind of late on my reply then haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    EDIT: Holy fuck this thread is not 1 page but 11. I am kind of late on my reply then haha.
    Only 3 pages for me

Quote Originally Posted by RobCor View Post
    Only 3 pages for me
    Same, I just changed the default for number of posts per thread, and next time I logged in i got confused and thought someone had deleted half the pages in my favourite threads.... I am kinda dumb sometimes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenGeek View Post
    I recently had a major reset because of an adductor tear. I got kinda fat because I was eating like I was lifting, but I could hardly move.
    Solution? Intermittent fasting (I eat between midday and 8pm), and low carbs. Shit just dissapears. (eating high Protein high fat)
    Throw in some HIIT bag work and you'll be a lean mofo.

With regards to maintaining strength, I took some time off at the end of last year, for about a month, walked into the shed with my friend and squatted my heaviest set with no warm up. I nearly fucking passed out as soon as I racked it, but I hadn't lost any strength.

I've also heard that most people can maintain strength well with only one heavy set/week. This is the wisdom of the interwebs so take it with a grain of salt.

Since none of this actually applies to Carni, I'm just going to say that eating a few chickens and abusive drinking will help him put some weight back on the bar.

My friend uses this ideology for his training. Hasn't lost any strength. There's a book called eat stop eat I believe that might be worth checking out if u enjoy and see this method working

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011