starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ending linear progression too early?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    To my knowledge I am using my hips but i could be wrong and no, i am low-bar squatting

Quote Originally Posted by yorick View Post
    erk - How old are you, and how's your sleep going? I found sleep issues killed my squat more than other lifts. Plus, I got mono when I tried LP with low bar squats, which didn't help.

The reason I'm wondering how old you are is because I wonder if low Testosterone levels could play any part in your stalls.
    Sleep definitely has an impact on my performance, even just one off night. Of course, I am 43 yrs old so I presume my recovery ability is going to be somewhat more inhibited than a 23 yr old. During the summer I was sleeping a solid 8+ hours, but since school started I've had to adjust my wake-up time to accommodate the kiddies. I can really tell the difference with just a one hour change.

225 squat is definately too low for someone of your proportions. As has been said: Get technique and recovery in check, and it'll start moving again.

I wouldn't be averse to having a light squat day on wednesdays. 10lbs/week still adds up pretty quickly.

Probably a form issue. I had to scale back the weights when it became clear that my jumps were too big and my form was crap at around 225. I have since truly stalled at around 280 and blew through that again after the reset while continuing LP. Bad form will limit your progress because you are lifting inefficiently and not recruiting enough muscles or the wrong muscles.

As mentioned before, post a video.

Will do, ill post a form video after tomorrows session

starting strength coach development program
    Video is up for thoes who are interested in helping out a beginner http://startingstrength.com/resource...182#post318182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12