starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of Weight Training

Default Benefits of Weight Training

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The Deadlift, one of the best lifts to learn for the workplace. Has saved my back from injury many times. Any other lifts that have a carry over benefit outside the weight room?

Nope, none of them.

I've noticed that the rate in which I shovel food into my mouth has doubled, since I started curling.

My dad ordered some new suspension, but it doesn't fit our car properly without some modification, because it's built to be able to fit a wide range of cars. We could send it to Holland to have it machined for $150, or order a $200 tap and do it ourselves. He consulted with some machinists he knew from work and they told him it's impossible, you'll never be able to turn the tap, so he got me to do it. The inner diameter of the strut started tight on the tap, and then tapered even tighter as it got deeper. These are the pics he sent to those machinists from the test run we did with a spare strut.

image.jpgimage (1).jpg

Thanks to getting strong, I can do the impossible.

I feel like being told by someone who's job it is to understand this that it's impossible, then doing it anyways is some pretty high order lack of fuck giving.

Is that spanner what you're using to turn the tap? If so, stick a long piece of pipe on the end. Also, a decent vice would probably be better to hold that. Oh, and don't break the tap, or you will be very sorry and giving many fucks.

No Wal, being strong and knowing how to lift heavy things never comes in handy.

Its not about being strong, its about preventing injuries, any idiot can lift a barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Its not about being strong, its about preventing injuries, any idiot can lift a barbell.
    Yes but most idiots just curl it.

Thats right! But the effect is the same. French is best.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    Is that spanner what you're using to turn the tap? If so, stick a long piece of pipe on the end. Also, a decent vice would probably be better to hold that. Oh, and don't break the tap, or you will be very sorry and giving many fucks.
    We've done that before for seized bolts, but we didn't need to for this. The main problem was the heat, by the last half inch to get in we'd be going a quarter turn then have to back it off, it's was kinda ridiculous how fast it heated up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast