starting strength gym
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leg Press > Squats

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyStory View Post
    The thread was not about my squat as far as I remember. And I don't give a fuck about my RAW total or whatever. I also don't bench anymore and I don't judge a person's self-worth by his squat numbers.
    I bet you judge self-worth by measurements. as to what, i dont want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by ToyStory View Post
    The thread was not about my squat as far as I remember. And I don't give a fuck about my RAW total or whatever. I also don't bench anymore and I don't judge a person's self-worth by his squat numbers.
    If you just did leg presses (single or double leg) and wanted to get toned or whatever, no one would really mind. You have your own goals... so follow them. I know people who do leg presses for assistance work, so I have no problem with them. But when you come off as a jerk, making fun of people that have done MUCH more than you in the world of strength training, then you better expect a little blowback. People want to know what you have done to be saying crap like that.

Since you haven't done much (I haven't either), why don't you just keep your head down and fucking lift! Get big and strong, then say something.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Why?

Ask the mother nature. I didn't construct the human body.

Is it that hard for you to understand that when you have one leg straight and touching the floor it's harder for your back to round.

Please understand that your back will be fine as long as you don't bounce your legs at your ribs. Anybody can do a lleg press with their back safe

Why?
    Because the leg that isn't working acts as an anchor of sorts for your pelvic position. A posterior pelvic tilt is what leads to flexion of the lumbar spine in a leg press, so as long as you keep the opposite leg in a fixed position, you are, in effect, helping prevent the pelvis from tilting posteriorly as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Fixed.
    You are all kind a brainwashed. No squat = Vagina. LoL I guess Dorian Yates has a vagina too:

DO WHAT HE DOES: Leg extensions to failure, leg presses to failure, hack squats to failure, leg curls to failure, RDL to failure, single leg curls to failure and I promise you will be asking for your "functional" 3 sets of 5 squats with hip drive. And don't start with your steroids bullshit because I do similar workout - don't do single leg curls and I do front squats instead of hacks - and I can survive it. My point is: hard work is hard work - doesn't matter if it's a squat or a leg curl.

It does seem to be harder to round your back if only one of your hips is in flexion. Toy Story is still a tool, but that is not why he is a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    If you just did leg presses (single or double leg) and wanted to get toned or whatever, no one would really mind. You have your own goals... so follow them. I know people who do leg presses for assistance work, so I have no problem with them. But when you come off as a jerk, making fun of people that have done MUCH more than you in the world of strength training, then you better expect a little blowback. People want to know what you have done to be saying crap like that.

Since you haven't done much (I haven't either), why don't you just keep your head down and fucking lift! Get big and strong, then say something.
    I refuse to keep my head down even if I squat 100 pounds. Life is too short to let others beat you and wait "for your moment". I had to learn that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by blowdpanis View Post
    Because the leg that isn't working acts as an anchor of sorts for your pelvic position. A posterior pelvic tilt is what leads to flexion of the lumbar spine in a leg press, so as long as you keep the opposite leg in a fixed position, you are, in effect, helping prevent the pelvis from tilting posteriorly as a whole.
    But that doesn't change the force applied to the pelvis by the hamstring of the other leg, so, as I stated earlier, it stands to reason that it could just as easily cause the pelvis to twist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    It does seem to be harder to round your back if only one of your hips is in flexion. Toy Story is still a tool, but that is not why he is a tool.
    He's a tool because he can't actually explain why.

starting strength coach development program
    He's a tool because he can't actually explain why.
    I can't explain why either.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast