starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit Fails

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I only watched the first video, but most of them were not "fails" at all. Apparently the vid creators have never seen zercher squats, continental cleans, or heavy deadlifts. Sometimes you hitch a heavy deadlift...WOW HUGE CROSSFIT FAIL!!!
    Looks like a nerve was hit. Crossfit much?

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I only watched the first video, but most of them were not "fails" at all. Apparently the vid creators have never seen zercher squats, continental cleans, or heavy deadlifts. Sometimes you hitch a heavy deadlift...WOW HUGE CROSSFIT FAIL!!!

It seems to me you should only hitch a deadlift in competition or when going for a huge PR/WR, hitching a deadlift during a regular workout, especially when the hitch is due to the fact that you simply dont Deadlift with much frequency seems like a mistake

That was really quite silly, i'm happy i sat through that

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zahn View Post
    It seems to me you should only hitch a deadlift in competition or when going for a huge PR/WR, hitching a deadlift during a regular workout, especially when the hitch is due to the fact that you simply dont Deadlift with much frequency seems like a mistake
    That particular dead lift rep gets posted a lot because the guy is one of the main dudes at Crossfit. It doesn't highlight the badassery they hype very well.

Jsutt Guest

I thought a hitched deadlift didn't count in competition?

The video of the guy one-arm pushing pressing the barbell is kind of cool too.
    Last edited by Jsutt; 04-15-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Can't read dur

Quote Originally Posted by Jsutt View Post
    I thought deadlifts didn't get white lighted if they're hitched in competition.
    I dont know much about Powerlifting competition, but i believe in strong man comp (WSM) hitching is allowed. As are straps for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zahn View Post
    I dont know much about Powerlifting competition, but i believe in strong man comp (WSM) hitching is allowed. As are straps for that matter
    Yeah, it is not allowed in powerlifting. I have hitched reps before, it happens. You are really trying hard not to, but when you are pulling as hard as you can, sometimes technique breaks down a little. I wouldn't count the rep as a clean PR, but a little hitching isn't going to destroy your progression.

The ladies at 0:17 in the second video are practicing on their speed. Just replace the medicine ball with...

These videos are petty and dumb. Most of that stuff, other than the kipping, isn't wasn't even bad. And the kipping is a known issue.

If it was something like hopping on one leg backwards for 3 miles for time ok that would be a fail, but this stuff... meh.

Also, the guy posting the video (though apparently pretty strong in the HB squat ) seems to like to do capoeira in the fields. You'd think he'd be a bit more open minded about people doing silly looking things.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    These videos are petty and dumb. Most of that stuff, other than the kipping, isn't wasn't even bad. And the kipping is a known issue.

If it was something like hopping on one leg backwards for 3 miles for time ok that would be a fail, but this stuff... meh.

Also, the guy posting the video (though apparently pretty strong in the HB squat ) seems to like to do capoeira in the fields. You'd think he'd be a bit more open minded about people doing silly looking things.

what the heck are you talking about? not that bad? I don't know much about olympic lifting but i could see the shittiest snatches i've ever seen. catching with bent arms then pressing out, dropping them all over the place, general shitness. women due to give birth doing muscle ups (something that seems retarded considering how many people fell off things in those videos), throwing a barbell in the air and catching it...

that capoeira video is badass. why are you getting so defensive about this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast