starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossfit Fails

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    doing a continental cleanThis is silly.
    Getting newb teenage girls who barely know how to press to continental clean & press with 8 fake foam plates is dumb.

The older I get the sillier I feel doing anything besides walking or driving in public. That Clarence guy is an absolute badass (I've always admired capoeira...and a 400+ lb jerk at what looks like under 200 lbs(?)!!!), but ANY display of athletic prowess outside of competition or a dedicated serious training facility tends to look a bit silly. The only way to exert yourself in public that seems to be acceptable is jogging. I've sprinted, practiced jumps and dunks in public and always felt at least a little weird. I even feel ostentatious lifting heavy in a commercial facility with two dozen women on treadmills in the background as I snatch, deadlift or squat. You just can't win.

High rep quick lifts is still a pretty bad idea.

If I can just get the bar to my knees, I can rest it there a bit while I gather my strength to lock it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    The older I get the sillier I feel doing anything besides walking or driving in public. That Clarence guy is an absolute badass (I've always admired capoeira...and a 400+ lb jerk at what looks like under 200 lbs(?)!!!), but ANY display of athletic prowess outside of competition or a dedicated serious training facility tends to look a bit silly. The only way to exert yourself in public that seems to be acceptable is jogging. I've sprinted, practiced jumps and dunks in public and always felt at least a little weird. I even feel ostentatious lifting heavy in a commercial facility with two dozen women on treadmills in the background as I snatch, deadlift or squat. You just can't win.

High rep quick lifts is still a pretty bad idea.
    Just keep in mind that it's in general the people riding the treadmill for over an hour who are silly.

starting strength coach development program
    Haven't read the whole thread, but watched that first video. Geezus H. Tittyfucking Keeeeerist, but I taught myself to snatch and I never once looked like the goons fucking it up in that vid. Even the folks in the crossfit gym I lifted at snatched decently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234