starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Arm Paid ***PIC***

Default Terrible Arm Paid ***PIC***

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Everybody,

Reasonable new to SS, only about 3 or so months. Going quite well but now my arm is stuffed! The left arm hurts so much I cant even bench press. It only hurts on the downstroke of the bench press. I have attached a pic to show where the pai is. Is it tendonitis? Any tips to heal. Appreciate feedback

cheers
    M
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might be bad gripping on the squat. Either way, Ibuprofen 3000 mg per day for 5 days, wrap it with an ace bandage and apply some sort of liniment (I like equi-block and recommend it). If it's the squat indeed, widen the grip a little bit and learn to not support the weight with your arms.

thanks for the reply, yeah my squat grip is bad, im changing now...it never hurts on the squat though, only bench & dips.....

Where do you grip the bar for bench? How do you do dips?

not sure how the describe the grip, but its the correct distance according the SS Vol 3. I have actually tried to widen & closen the grip over the past 2 weeks to see if it changed the pain. As soon as I hit 40kg on the bench the pain is terrible only on the downstroke.

dips are same as SS, weighted with 10kg. I cant even do unweighted dips the pain is to bad.

i got an ultra sound done today and no tears etc in arm...so the docs arent sure whats wrong....

just got back from the gym to do some chest cos i missed the bench yesterday. i managed to bench 40kg 3 x 5 but pain was bad. the pain felt like it was in the elbow and same spot as pic, but also felt like pain on very low bicep muscle just above crease in skin in elbow.

i will go to the sports doc perhaps to get a further opinion...sucks, cant even bench or dip! there goes my SS progress

So, you come here, don't do as you're told and then complain that you didn't get better?
    Fantastic.

i have been icing & ibuprofin......what else did you suggest other than grip changes which i now do?
    the issue here is analysing the problem...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by maxde1 View Post
    i have been icing & ibuprofin......what else did you suggest other than grip changes which i now do?
    the issue here is analysing the problem...
    You forgot to wrap with the ace bandage and the equi-block. And you have to stop doing what hurts for about a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast