starting strength gym
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: They Don't Award Form Points in Olympic Weightlifting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Sometimes I cant belive what Russians are doing in training.

Just unbelievable and very strong!

I think their technique is just better than ours.

That's obviously the result of technique training.

I want to note, that the Bulgarian method does not neglect strict press and back squat whatever you have heard. All Bulgarian lifters with medals were extremely strong in those two movements up to this day. I know one Bulgarian lifter, Todorka Ivanova, who can press 80kg without even feeling it. Another girl, Blagovesta trained with her for a year and got to 100kgx10 at 70kg weight without any steroids. After this progress she now is training with the professional lifters as her coach, Todorka believes she has potential. I can assure you that our lifters are all extremely strong whether with steroids or not. They do all partial movements from the main lifts much heavier than the full movement allows / clean and jerk - clean style deadlift, front squat, full clean, jerk, snah - overhead squat, snatch grip deadlift, high raise /partial snatch with heavier kilograms/, snatch grip presses behing neck and strict presses classical style/. I can tell you that some of them are much cleaner than you'll guess, guys who come naturally strong without lifting a bar - first try to bench press - 10x100kg. Others of course are taking a lot, but not all of them. We don't have genetic doping like China or money for advanced medicine that can pass easily WADA like Russia. That's why our lifters don't use the volume of Russian lifters.

To correct my previous posts - Blagovest is doing 10x100kg at the back squat.

I've lost a days pay reading this great thread. This is great stuff!!

For the record RIP before you go looking for a ground floor window to try and jump out of, and without pissing in your pockets, SS and more lately 5/3/1 have been responsible for a dramatic increase in my 15 year olds OWL. No doubt about it, i can pinpoint the day he started to improve and lift bigger weights and that was the day he started SS.

Anyone seen this on the net:

http://sheltonstevens.com/post/29279...-weightlifting

Again, thanks to Ricki and the Couchd - i was laughing so much at RIP's expletives that i was crying.

So i missed your point, are you saying that there is nothing wrong with the current US Olympic weightlifting program. If so then tears are welling in my eyes again because i am laughing so much. On the other hand if agree that the current Olympic Weightlifting program have provided poor to non-existent results olympic games after olympic games what do you think they are doing wrong and secondly, what should be done.

cheers

Omitted to mention.

Our swim team (Australia) did terrible in London - one medal or something which is way out of the usual. They conducted a review which has just been published. They want to rectify the problem.

Wondering if the USA Weightlifting admin conducted any kind of a debrief post London - if so the i would be interested in the findings.

cheers

This is truly an amusing suggestion. A better question would be, how many officials and coaches did USAW take to London with the 3 lifters that managed to qualify?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is truly an amusing suggestion. A better question would be, how many officials and coaches did USAW take to London with the 3 lifters that managed to qualify?
    I think that MANY who disagree with your assertions on US lifting, would ABSOLUTELY AGREE with your assertions on the USAW governance issues.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617