starting strength gym
Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome To The Gun Show: Recomp Contest Vol. 1

Default Welcome To The Gun Show: Recomp Contest Vol. 1

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Body Recomposition Contest will run 100 days from Thursday, September 13 until Sunday, December 23 2012

Prize, as yet to be Determined...

Winner: is the person with the greatest change in body composition. Judging will be completely subjective based on the voters opinions. The winner could be someone who bulked up and got strong without looking like crap or someone who has already been training for awhile and wants to get lean.

Each participant will include a video or before photo's of the front, side and back with minimal clothing and one picture with a newspaper with current date on it.

Optional: Participants at the end may post video's of their Rippian Crossfit total which includes the Squat, Press and Deadlift.

Participants:
    Simonsky
    DV
    Jmoye
    Regin Smidur
    Yorick
    Tbone
    Caveman
    Tom Narvaez
    Blandrick
    Marine
    StrongLiftMyBalls
    Mosin Warrior
    Snyderman3000
    TylerR
    Mr_Rogers

Entrants must be a forum members at the time of this post and all lurkers are encouraged to join in and participate. Running a log is encouraged.

How to enter? Post in this thread by the start date with the required photos, age, height, weight and current lifts and goals.
    Last edited by Mark Carpenter; 09-25-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Fuck I'm broke. I can't afford that buy-in. Could I join without it? And if I ever do win, I won't mind if I don't get a prize.

In. I'm down.

I don't do any overhead barbell presses, though. I also have a coach who does my programming for me and I'm not going to step-off program to take maxes. I don't care about my maxes. That's just me, though.

I think videos work better than photos because they are harder to manipulate. I also think voting should probably be restricted somehow. Maybe users with more than 5-10 posts and join dates before the OP was made? Otherwise, you could just register accounts to vote for yourself.

I'm not sure about the prize money either. I guess we'll have to see who is discouraged/encouraged by that.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    Fuck I'm broke. I can't afford that buy-in. Could I join without it? And if I ever do win, I won't mind if I don't get a prize.
    Don't worry, you don't have to pay till after the contest. Worst case scenario send the guy something in the mail like a training book you no longer read. The contest is about motivating each other not the money really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    In. I'm down.

I don't do any overhead barbell presses, though. I also have a coach who does my programming for me and I'm not going to step-off program to take maxes. I don't care about my maxes. That's just me, though.

I think videos work better than photos because they are harder to manipulate. I also think voting should probably be restricted somehow. Maybe users with more than 5-10 posts and join dates before the OP was made? Otherwise, you could just register accounts to vote for yourself.

I'm not sure about the prize money either. I guess we'll have to see who is discouraged/encouraged by that.
    In the spirit of the board I'd like to keep the Crossfit total. I'm not the boss of this though and if enough people want it we could switch to a Powerlifting total. I'm sure you will kill most people on the other lifts.

The other points are good, obviously people can't come out of nowhere and vote.
    Last edited by Mark Carpenter; 09-07-2012 at 12:31 AM.

INSPIRATION:

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.ca/2012...acked.html?m=1

Hardy was on anabolics as probably were the guys who did Captain America and Thor. Regardless the transformation in such a short time is really impressive and it could be said that young guys and training noobs could have similar effects.

Anyway, regardless, in a 100 days I'm sure there we all experience a huge change if we train with similar focus and intensity.

I'm in. Video seems a bit laborious to me. Not sure people will really go out of their way to cheat.

My suggestion for the strength component is that it shouldn't be a total.

It should be a sq/bp/dl for reps or something like that. A higher total might not necessarily correlate to a better physique but if you can squat, let's say 315x20, I'm sure you have done some impressive shit to your legs by then.

Hardy wasn't necessarily on steroids just because of having bacne. I get it too and have never touched a steroid. Probably just from the added testosterone the body produces from heavy lifting and a genetic predisposition. And at only 191 pounds, it's not like he couldn't have gotten there naturally.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Briks42 View Post
    Hardy wasn't necessarily on steroids just because of having bacne. I get it too and have never touched a steroid. Probably just from the added testosterone the body produces from heavy lifting and a genetic predisposition. And at only 191 pounds, it's not like he couldn't have gotten there naturally.
    I don't know. I heard you can't push past 140 BW without them... just word on the street. :-)

Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast