starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on my SS routine.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdecker View Post
    As it is suggested in the Starting Strength book, I substituted it with bent-over rows, although it is not ideal, and I realise that.
    You're right, it's not ideal. Where exactly does Rip ever recommend rows?

I based my diet on the most typical advices (have about 500 cal. more intake than what needed)
    My bodyweight has gone up about 5 kg. in the time I have been doing the program (from 78 to 83 kg). Now it seems to have stalled and stays at 83 kg though. Is that normal?
    It's normal when you're only eating 500 calories more than you "need." What’s the actual number of calories you’re aiming for, and how well do you hit it?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorinexile View Post
    You've gained 5kg (however many pounds that is)

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Kyle, you may be suffering from Reckless Extrapolation Syndrome.
    As I said, which is more common in gyms, lack of confidence to push hard, or low hormones?

Many things smell like strawberries, but if I'm in a field of strawberries with my eyes closed, I think it's fair for me to guess what's making that nice smell. Most gyms are places of low confidence. When you spend a lot of time at places like Eastside S&C it's going to be easy to forget where the typical person "doing SS" lifts.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the advice guys.

I am fairly sure I push as hard as I can in the gym - it hurts everytime, and in the press and BP, I almost always go to fail (which sucks with such low weight). So if I have any lack of confidence in my training, it's on a subconscious level. Which is possible I guess.

I will try my luck with the powerclean. I read up on the whole issue, and understand that those two can't be substitued. I am still almost sure I read it in the book, but not so sure anymore though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12