starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting to feel beat up while leaning out. What to change?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by G1981C View Post
    superfoods have no definition - but they are any natural foods that are an exceptionally dense source of nutrients. the term is mainly used by raw vegans, who are chronically malnourished due to their stupid diets and rely on superfoods to avoid getting even more malnourished.

probably the most typical example of a superfood is spirulina algae ...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-heard-of.aspx

but it's a bit too hardcore for me, and i'm not malnourished enough to need something like that.

things i eat which are superfoods or borderline superfoods:

* chia oil ( VERY high in Omega 3 )
    * whole shelled hemp seeds ( high in Omega 3 and Protein )
    * salmon oil capsules ( high in Omega 3 )
    * fish oil concentrated to 85% Omega 3 ( most concentrated source of Omega 3 )
    * raw whole eggs ( protein and many other essential and non-essential nutrients )
    Pretty sure consuming raw eggs causes a biotin deficiency. Doesn't sound very super to me.

The majority of salmonella cases come from eating raw/undercooked eggs. So you can risk that along with biotin deficiency.

Fish oil is cooked. The first step in the wet reduction process used to extract the oil is steaming the fish goo.

Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    Pretty sure consuming raw eggs causes a biotin deficiency. Doesn't sound very super to me.
    thanks for the heads up. i should probably order some biotin.

Quote Originally Posted by mkgillman View Post
    Fish oil is cooked. The first step in the wet reduction process used to extract the oil is steaming the fish goo.
    so you're saying ... i should just eat fish ?

maybe i will continue to take the 85% Omega 3 concentrate but switch Salmon Oil capsules for just Salmon. those damn caps were overpriced anyway, and not that potent.

thanks for the heads up. i should probably order some biotin.
    Or, you know, cook the eggs.

Eat the fish g1981c

Bathe the fish?

Quote Originally Posted by mkgillman View Post
    Or, you know, cook the eggs.

Eat the fish g1981c
    i'm telling you - i can put 6 whole raw eggs into my protein shake along with ~ 80 grams of plain whey protein, milk, a scoop of cocoa powder, 6 packs of truvia and a scoop of collagen and after having that shake i will feel like i just had a large glass of water - i can go straight back to doing whatever i was doing. but if i take the same 6 eggs and fry them on a pan, without any additional supplements, i will feel sluggish afterwards. the body handles raw food more efficiently ( with some exceptions ).

as for the fish, i should get some ...

i'm telling you - i can put 6 whole raw eggs into my protein shake along with ~ 80 grams of plain whey protein, milk, a scoop of cocoa powder, 6 packs of truvia and a scoop of collagen and after having that shake i will feel like i just had a large glass of water - i can go straight back to doing whatever i was doing. but if i take the same 6 eggs and fry them on a pan, without any additional supplements, i will feel sluggish afterwards. the body handles raw food more efficiently ( with some exceptions ).

Was a study where they checked folks with colostomy bags to see how they responded to different foods , raw vs cooked. You tend to get more calories out of the cooked foods If I remember. Nutrients may be a mixed bag cooked vs raw. Just because you feel ok doesn't mean you are responding better to raw food man.

Cook the the eggs. I can eat a dozen egg whites and be hungry still. Or 5 whole eggs. The last time I tried to be vegetarian for a day i was staving all day.

starting strength coach development program

n=1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123