starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training three consecutive days

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Personally, i'd say it comes down to what you can recover from and what kind of volume you need/want; what'd work ok for me would be to chose the exercises that impact least on the others and put them on day 1, for 'intensity' (lowish volume but heavy), then do some light stuff day 2 of whatever, then hit the most recovery-demanding lifts day 3 for volume, further upping the rest needed (because there's time for it, obviously).

So for me -

Day 1: Press up to a single heavy 5 or something, maybe 2 triples, squat again for a single 5 or 2 triples/deadlift for 3-5 (whatever i'll rtecover ok from in 2 days)
    Day 2: chinups, power cleans, other bullshit (neck for me, maybe some turkish getups or whatever help you not be creaky and sore, maybe some arm shit if it won't interfere with day 3)
    Day 3: Volume for bench & squat/squat and deadlift (because i'm not going to survive deadlift volume, so i'd slip in some extra squats but whatever)

I'd maybe even swith in some close grip on day 1 and press day 2, depending how it felt in action and what i'm working towards.
    I tried something similar to this when I was doing it twice a week on Friday and Sunday. The heavy stuff on Friday affected my volume Sundays.
    Also, with a whole week off, I'm not inclined to have a light day, feels like a wasted day with this schedule. I want to build stress over the weekend and then recover all week.

For what it's worth, here's what I'd do.

Friday:
    Squat
    Deadlift

Saturday:
    Bench
    Chins

Sunday:
    Squat
    Press
    Cleans or barbell rows
    Curls, tricep extensions (Included cause it's summer, no more concealed carry. Sun's out, guns out.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    What about just picking some lifts, then doing them each day to whatever max you feel capable of - that'd leave no day wasted while building plenty of volume, especially if you add in some assistance too
    This is the plan.

For what it's worth, here's what I'd do.

Friday:
    Squat
    Deadlift

Saturday:
    Bench
    Chins

Sunday:
    Squat
    Press
    Cleans or barbell rows
    Curls, tricep extensions (Included cause it's summer, no more concealed carry. Sun's out, guns out.)
    Not bad, but Sunday's performance will suck in every way possible. Unless I make it a light day which I am trying to avoid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12