starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination Requirements for Trainees

Default Vaccination Requirements for Trainees

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This is probably an odd topic, but do any of you require your trainees (presumably the younger ones) to certify that they have their recommended vaccinations before accepting them as clients/trainees? It is the sort of thing I am seriously considering putting in with the release forms, etc. for my trainees.

Yes. Rabies, primarily. And they have to be on a leash at all times.

I think maybe it's more than coincidence that they ask me similar questions when I go through the California border patrol checkpoint on my way to Lake Tahoe on I-80. Or maybe it's because I'm a "scary looking motherfucker" as Jim Wendler told me.
    Last edited by Nick Delgadillo; 01-23-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: fucker has an "f" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Or maybe it's because I'm a "scary looking motherfucker" as Jim Wendler told me.
    Claim to fame

I've never asked. It is probably unnecessary unless you train a lot of kids when they are sick. Alas, enough people seem to be opting out of vaccinating their kids that they are compromising the herd immunity effect. While that is a societal ill, it is unlikely to be a significant risk factor in the context of a personal training studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Alas, enough people seem to be opting out of vaccinating their kids that they are compromising the herd immunity effect. While that is a societal ill, it is unlikely to be a significant risk factor in the context of a personal training studio.
    But, but, but there's a chance vaccines are related to autism right?... a study based on fabricated data said so... and some famous person said it happened to their kid which backs it up right?...

and polio and all those other diseases we have vaccines for aren't really that bad anyway are they?

Truly astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinyNorman View Post
    But, but, but there's a chance vaccines are related to autism right?... a study based on fabricated data said so... and some famous person said it happened to their kid which backs it up right?...

and polio and all those other diseases we have vaccines for aren't really that bad anyway are they?

Truly astounding.
    Don't be silly. Autism is caused by Roundup.

Autism is usually diagnosed around the same age that the MMR vaccine is given, which probably led to the original confusion. I recall reading that brain-structure differences have been detected prenatally though -- whatever non-genetic factors influence it probably act very early, within 3-4 months of conception.

My daughter is autistic, She couldn't form proper spoken English sentences until around age 5, before that she only parroted memorized sentences and phrases complete with the original intonation and wrong pronouns. I.e. when she wanted food she'd say "Do you want something to eat?" because that's the noise we made to her, just before food was given. Weirdly, she could sound out written English (without understanding the meaning) at 10 months, and count to 100 at that age. She liked to read the copyright notices out loud to her Dr. Seuss books -- they made just as much sense as the "one fish, two fish" part.

She's 19 now, and attending community college. Not doing too well though, too much procrastination on her homework.

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Autism is usually diagnosed around the same age that the MMR vaccine is given, which probably led to the original confusion.
    The association came from Andrew Wakefield, who fabricated his results.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/

Autism is terrible burden for those who are afflicted with it and their families. What this dude did was very bad. Its repercussions are still being felt today. Hell, every time you mention vaccines, such as this thread, the talk of autism begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    The association came from Andrew Wakefield, who fabricated his results.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/

Autism is terrible burden for those who are afflicted with it and their families. What this dude did was very bad. Its repercussions are still being felt today. Hell, every time you mention vaccines, such as this thread, the talk of autism begins.
    That's why I take such issue when someone uses autism to scare people about their cause de jure.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Autism is usually diagnosed around the same age that the MMR vaccine is given, which probably led to the original confusion.
    No, the original confusion was from a fabricated study that was devoured by a preexisting antivaccine movement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast