starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home Gym Costs?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MoreBeast View Post
    Even though I'm only 15 I've been able to buy everything with my own money. I have two businesses, I make plyo boxes and medicine balls and I'm usually able to make over $500 a month.
    You sound like a great kid. Best of luck on your road to beastliness. And keep checking in on us geezers every once in a while. We Know Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MoreBeast View Post
    My garage gym has shaped up pretty nicely over the course of one year.
    Timeline of Purchases:
    December 2013- Bought Starting Strength for Kindle, Cap OB-86 Barbell from Direct Buy $68
    Late December 2013/January 2014- Bought a Squat Rack Bench Press Combo with 305lbs Cap Barbell Olympic Plates, 35lb Olympic barbell, EZ Curl Bar, and more ($285)
    February 2015- Used Airdyne ($85)
    Late February 2015- Used rings, 100lbs Olympic plates, bucket of chalk (free) ($110) not a great deal but alright
    March 2015- 255lb Olympic set with a nice weight tree ($180), GHD ($150) (These purchases should be coming this weekend so they are not counted in total
    I also built a platform and added safety pins onto my rack. So far I've spent about $600 on my entire set up. Even though I'm only 15 I've been able to buy everything with my own money. I have two businesses, I make plyo boxes and medicine balls and I'm usually able to make over $500 a month. I think if you're going to build a garage gym Craigslist is the way to go an out it. Everything I've gotten except my first barbell has been from craigslist. Good luck with your garage gyms.
    Just wanted to chime in as well and say "well done". Your image didn't come through, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    You got him to throw in a slightly used block of chalk? You're a master negotiator, sir. I am impressed.
    lmao
    I said, "Look, this chalk block is missing some chalk, take $50 off and I'll relieve you of that silly book too."

The key to successful bargaining is leverage, try to make sure you have everything packed into your vehicle before agreeing on a price.

Of course I didn't do that and offered him $500 on the phone, which he declined, until we met in person, and I regaled him with tales of my pre SS workouts. He promptly cut the price and forced the book on me.
    Last edited by John Watson; 03-13-2015 at 10:35 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    lmao
    I said, "Look, this chalk block is missing some chalk, take $50 off and I'll relieve you of that silly book too."

The key to successful bargaining is leverage, try to make sure you have everything packed into your vehicle before agreeing on a price.

Of course I didn't do that and offered him $500 on the phone, which he declined, until we met in person, and I regaled him with tales of my pre SS workouts. He promptly cut the price and forced the book on me.
    It was worth the $50 for him to feel like a hero. And it sounds like he saved your ass from silly bullshit. A bargain for all parties, in my book.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345