starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best investment for training

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    Invest your time to help develop competent training partners. People are the best resources.
    I'm glad this showed up. I'm not strong yet, but without fail I've always made progress much faster when training with someone else motivated to get strong.

If any of you are thinking of taking your old squat rack to the dump so you can put in a new and better one, give me a call. I'll take it to the dump for you.

I had a pretty legit home gym for several years. Better compliment of stuff than every gym I've ever trained at.

I've also had someone write my programming and nutrition for the past few years.

I don't miss the home gym remotely as much as I thought I would. The only thing I've kept are the bars and the Airdynes, and even those are expendable.

I've never competed, and don't plan to.

If forced to choose between the two I would take the coach, without hesitation.
    Last edited by Travis Rask; 04-18-2015 at 06:36 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Home gym.

The problem with a personalised program from someone who knows what they're doing is that you don't know what they're doing. I personally don't like solutions in black boxes, although I'm in favour of them for those who need them. Home gym, then, but the best actual investment there is the time and effort I spend researching, learning, and correcting my training. Without that the home gym is like expecting to swim well with a paddling pool in the yard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234