Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shirt for benching

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    Yoga mat on the bench helps.
    Also good, and cleaner than chalk.

How much do you have to arch for this to be a problem? When does it happen? On liftoff? I'm curious.

The Rogue utility bench isn't the least bit slippery. My Ironmaster bench is more slippery, but I can't recall ever slipping.

I've got the Rogue bench - that's the one giving me grief.

I notice the slipping when I try to get extra tight for heavy sets. I'm not super flexible, so I don't have a crazy arch to begin with - but when I go for that last notch or two of tightness while I'm setting up, that's when I slip.

What about double-sided tape on the back of your shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic Lane View Post

I notice the slipping when I try to get extra tight for heavy sets. I'm not super flexible, so I don't have a crazy arch to begin with - but when I go for that last notch or two of tightness while I'm setting up, that's when I slip.
    I don't slip on the Rogue bench either, but I also put a thin towel down. The towel also doesn't move much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic Lane View Post

Huh...I have the Rogue utility bench at home but it doesn't slip. The flat bench at the globogym does.

You can stretch a couple resistance bands across the bench. Pretty much impossible to slip after that. Now when I set up It's more likely that the bench will slide across the floor (which has happened) rather than my back slide up the bench.

A cotton shirt with some kind of logo on the back is helpful. I also use chalk if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by manis5 View Post
    A cotton shirt with some kind of logo on the back is helpful.
    Yeah, I'm always in plain shirts. Maybe just the silkscreen would be enough to stick me there.

Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    You can stretch a couple resistance bands across the bench. Pretty much impossible to slip after that.
    And I think I've still got some flat, wide rehab band stuff a PT gave me a few years ago. Forgot about that stuff.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    I don't slip on the Rogue bench either, but I also put a thin towel down. The towel also doesn't move much.
    I also have the Rogue bench. The best thing to use is shelf liner, which is cheap, fits easily in your gym bag, won't slip, and doesn't compress. Buy a roll, cut out a square piece, and place it down where your traps contact the bench. Won't slip again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast