starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to reach a goal by dec 1st. I"d like a suggestion.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    Um, WTF? Are you serious? Do your squats and deads. These lifts (along with food) drive growth more than anything else. If you were benching 400 (along with squatting and deadlifting) we might be having a different conversation. As it stands, if you're benching for size, you're doing it wrong.

You like goals, here's one for you:
    Squat 400x5
    Pull 500x5
    Press 225x5

Then get back to us on your size or lack thereof...
    We aren't having a conversation.

It was really great to have you chime in. Working my shoulders back and legs isn't going to make my chest grow you idiot. If all i'm doing is chest work, what the fuck would you suggest everything but chest work in the suggested goals. Cause youre a fucking idiot and they let anyone have an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    Ha! I forgot about you you
    you just weren't thinking of me

I think you should check out sixpackshortuts. He probably has a superior chest only workout program.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollieTroll View Post
    Working my shoulders back and legs isn't going to make my chest grow you idiot.
    It just might a little, in an indirect kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post

It was really great to have you chime in. Working my shoulders back and legs isn't going to make my chest grow you idiot. If all i'm doing is chest work, what the fuck would you suggest everything but chest work in the suggested goals. Cause youre a fucking idiot and they let anyone have an internet connection.
    How can I say this, if you can't bench 230 for 5 sets of 5 reps (230 5x5), you're not really strong enough to worry too much on hypertrophy. If size is your goal, get strong first. That's my opinion.

Nothing quite like adding in some trailer park trash language to really reinforce ones point in an intelligent manner. And I think you are right, most guys with a huge bench press have really wimpy, underdeveloped shoulders and backs.

Careful you guys. Careful. He'll show up outside of your house or gym with a sleeping bag, stay the night, and wait for you to come out, and stab you. Sleepovers and stabbings. It's happened before.

But now is the best time to taunt him, while he's still weak. Weak in the chest. Can we get Hanley to come in here and calculate how much of the pecs are used while stabbing? Are they a prime mover, or are they mainly helping stabilize the joint isometrically?

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    Careful you guys. Careful. He'll show up outside of your house or gym with a sleeping bag, stay the night, and wait for you to come out, and stab you. Sleepovers and stabbings. It's happened before.

But now is the best time to taunt him, while he's still weak. Weak in the chest. Can we get Hanley to come in here and calculate how much of the pecs are used while stabbing? Are they a prime mover, or are they mainly helping stabilize the joint isometrically?
    He's waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post

That was awesome.

Default Breaking News: Photo of "RichieRich" Discovered...

starting strength coach development program

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast