starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Shoes

Default Weightlifting Shoes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'm getting ready to take the plunge and purchase a pair of entry-level weightlifting shoes. I'm trying to keep the price under $80 or thereabouts, so I'm looking at the Wei-Rui Warrior and the Adidas Powerlift 2.0 right now. I have two questions for the SS forum braintrust. One, between those two options, is one a significantly better choice? Two, are there any other shoes in the $80 range that I should consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Nelson View Post
    I'm getting ready to take the plunge and purchase a pair of entry-level weightlifting shoes. I'm trying to keep the price under $80 or thereabouts, so I'm looking at the Wei-Rui Warrior and the Adidas Powerlift 2.0 right now. I have two questions for the SS forum braintrust. One, between those two options, is one a significantly better choice? Two, are there any other shoes in the $80 range that I should consider?
    Wei Rui is better design, poorer construction. Wait until the Pendlay Do-wins go on sale for $99 with free shipping. $19 extra won't kill you. Or, better yet, save that and another $25 and get the PPII's. Both will last twice as long as the Wei Rui's, so they're cheaper in the long run.

I have the Powerlift 2.0, and I think for the money they are very good value. I wouldn't say the difference shoe can make before I tried. They're still fairly new, so I cannot comment how long they will last, nor can I compare with other shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr View Post
    I have the Powerlift 2.0, and I think for the money they are very good value. I wouldn't say the difference shoe can make before I tried. They're still fairly new, so I cannot comment how long they will last, nor can I compare with other shoes.
    I have used the Powerlift 2's predecessors, the Powerlift Trainers, for about 5 years and they are still good as new. There are dozens of Powerlift 2s in my gym getting on for a year old and all are doing well and are well liked.

Good to hear that.

You could try these out and review them, they are new (KOTJ previously shared) at $54 + $15 (holy shit) shipping: https://www.titansupport.com/product...lifting-shoes/

I personally like my VS Athletics. I also have 2 pairs of Wei Ru's, though, that I think are fine. 1 is the PowerMAX, which were cheap, but I bought for the gf before she earned a pair of Adidas (135x3x5 squat). They held up just fine for the time worn. I also have the VXIII for myself, but they are about a half size too big, so I've only worn them a couple of times.

Good news (for me )! My birthday is coming up next week, and my awesome wife informed me that she was getting me WL shoes. Looks like I'll have a pair of PP2s headed my way in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Nelson View Post
    Good news (for me )! My birthday is coming up next week, and my awesome wife informed me that she was getting me WL shoes. Looks like I'll have a pair of PP2s headed my way in the next few days.
    You sir have a good wife. Let us know how you like them. Been looking at the same pair, but on the fence wanted to see how others like them.

I had some Wei-ruis and they fell apart after about 2 years. I have had some Powerlift 2s since September and they still look brand new

starting strength coach development program
    I face a similar question to the OP. Although I'm willing to pay for quality, there's not much to choose from in this part of the world. In the best supplied lifting shoe shop in the country that I'm going to visit tomorrow they have mainly Adidas, Inov and Reebok shoes for sale.
    I'm ready to go with whatever fits best regardless of brand. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast