starting strength gym

Thread: GF Deadlift 5x 86kg

Default GF Deadlift 5x 86kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

So we're continuing to defy the odds by lifting together and still don't hate each other!

Anyway, we're both pretty happy with her form now, but it's clearly starting to get hard so we felt a form check and fresh set of eyes was due. The last 2 reps look particularly difficult, but I think she holds together well.

Still pulling three times a week for 1 set of 5 adding 1kg each. We're thinking of moving to 2 sets of 3 soon and/or perhaps reducing frequency to alternate with chins. Thanks in advance.

Deads look good. They haven't even begun to get difficult yet, however. Her bar speed on the first four was fast. Fifth just got a little wobbly. I would stop deadlifting every workout. Drop it to every other, or once a week. Definitely start chinning. Can she hook grip? There are no technical problems with her pulls, but she may appreciate the symmetry the hook affords.

Awesome. Thanks Tom. Yeah I see what you mean by the bar speed. We'll drop the frequency and add chins. She tried hook briefly, hated it and wasn't interested in trying further. I wasn't about to press the issue, and I've yet to got hook working for me either. We ended up getting the Ohio Power Bar partly on your previous recommendation and it's great, but maybe not the best bar for hook grip virgins!

I've pulled a few sets of five on the OPB. It is aggressive. Works nicely for meets, but I don't like it for rep work. Nice job to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
    We ended up getting the Ohio Power Bar partly on your previous recommendation and it's great, but maybe not the best bar for hook grip virgins!
    I stopped letting the OPB take its pound of flesh from my hook a while ago and switched to the BR. No broken skin since. OPB is goto for squats, though. (I don't compete.)

starting strength coach development program
    I don't think the B&R is very widely available in Australia. The B&R is my go to training barbell.