starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'd like a squat form check, please. To my eye, my knees are shooting forward at the bottom and I'm stopping shallow.

Squats - YouTube

Thanks,

Jeff.

Yes - knees OUT harder, both to prevent them from sliding forward at the bottom and to give you better space to get deeper. Also take a big breath and really get your trunk and whole body set before each rep.

Thanks. I have attempted to incorporate these changes: Squat 2 - YouTube

This set "felt" better while doing them, but it looks to me like my knees are still moving too much.

Pretty good. There's a bit of knee slide that could be cleaned up and you could get a better bounce - related, since you bounce off of tightness which is reduced with knee slide that slacks the hammies - but depth is good and they're pretty good overall.

Interesting choice of music. What's the weight? There are a lot of plates on the bar but I can't tell how much they weigh.

Michael, thanks! I'll work on this and post again in a few days.

Fortunately or otherwise, I'm not choosing the music. I'm lifting in the back half of a dance studio and my wife's giving a class which is where the music (and some of the weird commentary) comes from.

The plates are pretty damned goofy - the total in the last video was 390 pounds, up ten from the previous one (taken one week apart).

starting strength coach development program
    390, that's a solid set of fahve. Get your knees in place a little sooner and stay tight, but these are pretty good overall.