starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early AM lifting and feeling Soft

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you are training a long hard session super early in the morning and don't do well eating a lot prior to training, have a higher carbohydrate meal the night before. Then prior to training have a small amount of quick digesting protein with quick digesting carbs like dextrose or just munch on a few of those small rolls of sweet tarts between sets (which are almost pure dextrose).

Ive been doing about 4 ounces pasta the night before, and sipping on some protein and dextrose powder throughout the session. Seems to have helped. Thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by eavdr10 View Post
    Ive been doing about 4 ounces pasta the night before,
    Four ounces? You mean about 110 grams?
    I know of little 8yo girls who will have that for starters.
    I think to have a proper carb-loading you need a bit more than that. I would say 200g is the minimum. Plus the sauce, of course. And the Parmesan on top.
    I would advise against Amatriciana though, it might mess up with your digestion.

IPB

I've been doing 5:30am for almost two years now. "2nd dinner" the night before has been one of the more helpful adjustments I've made.

Along with sleeping in a hot room in the winter, so that you're not cold and stiff when you wake up.
    And drinking hot coffee, to warm up even more.

Muscle glycogen isn't depleted by an overnight fast. Nor is not eating in the morning going to result in muscle glycogen levels reaching problematic levels during a training session unless your diet is a mess overall. Whatever issues you are facing in not feeling up for it in the morning are very unlikely due to carbohydrate availability.

starting strength coach development program
    I mix cold brew coffee with 1 scoop of protein before I work out and then have dextrose during the workout. Sometimes add in Gatorade if I am dragging towards the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12