starting strength gym

Thread: iPhone vs. Android | In Depth with Ben G

Default iPhone vs. Android | In Depth with Ben G

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Ben Gillenwater and Nick D discuss the pros and cons when trying to decide on which smartphone to purchase.

I've always preferred iPhone since it's easier to use for me. As a technology challenged guy, Apple products are just more user friendly

A timely discussion, as I'm sure I'm coming to the end of the physical lifespan of my Note 4 (2014), on which I do nothing requiring real concern about security and I have almost everything turned off. Based on security and privacy alone, I was leaning towards switching to Apple for its replacement, but this conversation has me doubting that thought now.

I'm not concerned about familiarity, as I run a few different OS's on different platforms around the house for different things, so a learning curve is just fine, if not fun. But dammit, I want to be able to do simple things like replace my own damn battery (on #3 for this Note 4).

Seriously, no ad blocking on iOS browsers? At least my pihole will block them at home. But out and about? Ah well, that might be enough to get me to interested in running a VPN to access the pihole when I'm "in the wild."

Good talk, fellas!

Brown County, Indiana (The best part of Indiana)

IPhone Vs Android is the gayest half hearted one sided argument to suck the ghostly penis of Steve Jobs that I've ever witnessed. ALL cell phones track your location. They have to in order to connect to the fucking cell towers, and YES the fucking cellular provider keeps those fucking records. Give me a fucking break. Thank you to Stef for helping me redirect my email wrath elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Geek View Post
    ALL cell phones track your location. They have to in order to connect to the fucking cell towers, and YES the fucking cellular provider keeps those fucking records.
    Do they really?!?!?!? Fuck.

Android has somehow managed to turn out to be a worse operating system than Windows, which is no small feat. They would never succeeded without Microsoft’s hostile takeover and controlled demolition of Nokia and MeeGo, so all hail the monopoly. iOS blows, but not nearly as much as Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Android has somehow managed to turn out to be a worse operating system than Windows, which is no small feat. They would never succeeded without Microsoft’s hostile takeover and controlled demolition of Nokia and MeeGo, so all hail the monopoly. iOS blows, but not nearly as much as Android.
    Didn’t fragmentation permanently cripple Android?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Didn’t fragmentation permanently cripple Android?
    Dunno, I hold to the opinion that it was rotten from the get go. All it takes is five minutes with any other mobile OS. It is kind of like French cars.