starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hook grip vs. Straps | stef bradford

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    You’re supposed to cut them out of your back seatbelts, because nobody wears the belt back there anyways
    Or get all of the belts out of a vehicle that's being junked out, and have extras to give away and keep as spares.

Personally, I was convinced to give the hook grip a try with the SS videos. And it worked perfect for me.

Happy year to you all !!

I bought some new seat belt straps and they were super slick so I just went back to my leather straps.

I like to hook grip. Good chalk and make a very very very small knurl on the back of the nail bed for grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_ View Post
    I bought some new seat belt straps and they were super slick so I just went back to my leather straps.
    Used ones from an old car generally aren't. You could try several rounds through the washing machine, as well, so soften them up.

I'm a little concerned about your source for the straps, though - actual seat belts inherently work off of NOT sliding...

Buy lengths of new seat-belt nylon here:

Seatbelt Webbing - strapworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Good idea. From what I can tell, there's a hole in the market. Two strips of unstitched seatbelt webbing with SS branding would be cool. Especially the hater comments.
    Make it happen! Fuck the haters. Besides, its easier to buy straps than to find a junk yard and start cutting out seatbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Buy lengths of new seat-belt nylon here:

Seatbelt Webbing - strapworks.com
    "This 2 inch polyester webbing features a unique, specially-designed weave, which resembles that of a seatbelt."

I'm wondering how exactly this differs from actual seatbelt material, though they do also call the material "seatbelt polyester". Probably not enough to make a difference on just the measurement, but it looks like standard seatbelts are 46 or 48 mm, which is slightly under 2 inches, as well.

Have you ordered from them, Satch?

I just buy 1.5” webbing, (amazon) and cut to size.
    I also use a Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl (google it) and stitch the loose ends together, making them easier to use.
    The awl great for fixing all kinds of stuff.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    "This 2 inch polyester webbing features a unique, specially-designed weave, which resembles that of a seatbelt."

I'm wondering how exactly this differs from actual seatbelt material, though they do also call the material "seatbelt polyester". Probably not enough to make a difference on just the measurement, but it looks like standard seatbelts are 46 or 48 mm, which is slightly under 2 inches, as well.

Have you ordered from them, Satch?
    Not, yet. I believe they also sell poly webbing, too.

I’ll look more and report back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast