starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Brief History of Wichita Falls Athletic Club | Mark Rippetoe

Default A Brief History of Wichita Falls Athletic Club | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    April 1, 2024 is the 40th anniversary of the Wichita Falls Athletic Club. I thought I'd tell you about it.

Read more

Very stupid question given the article and it's history. But how do you get older deconditioned trainees in/out of a 45 degree leg press machine? Is it at floor level or raised? I have a person in mind that I'm training and initially I wanted to start her off on the 45 degree incline that's in the gym but getting her in/out was too much of a challenge so I used the horizontal one instead.
    She's now progressed past it but it does seem handy to know how to get a little old Lady in/out of the darn thing in the future.

Thanks - I've long wondered about how the WFAC (i.e., Mecca) came to be. Congratulations on the 40th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Very stupid question given the article and it's history. But how do you get older deconditioned trainees in/out of a 45 degree leg press machine? Is it at floor level or raised? I have a person in mind that I'm training and initially I wanted to start her off on the 45 degree incline that's in the gym but getting her in/out was too much of a challenge so I used the horizontal one instead.
    She's now progressed past it but it does seem handy to know how to get a little old Lady in/out of the darn thing in the future.
    You help her, Subby. Put your hands on her and help her, like humans do.

Best gym in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Best gym in the world.
    I had the great fortune of spending a couple of years training there in the early 90s at the Kemp location behind the car stereo outfit. Never forget the day Rip told me I was doing too many silly exercises while eating Kimchi he took as payment from another member. He proceeded to write down a version of A day B day 3 day a week workout. Lots of great memories from my time there and since.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    I had the great fortune of spending a couple of years training there in the early 90s at the Kemp location behind the car stereo outfit. Never forget the day Rip told me I was doing too many silly exercises while eating Kimchi he took as payment from another member. He proceeded to write down a version of A day B day 3 day a week workout. Lots of great memories from my time there and since.

sb
    You were very lucky to fall there.

IŽll be curious: Did Rippetoe have a habit of kicking out people who did silly "bodybuilding" routines full of exercises?

The question may seem dumb, but I need to figure out the situation.

I found your material back in 2008...its been one of the best things I could ever learn. I had the 2nd edition book and the first version of practical programming. I have since got the updated versions and gifted the old books to a few individuals I thought would use the knowledge. One day I will drag ass up there to WFAC. The lift and shoot course you have looks like good times.

Does Old Angus McSnort still train at WFAC?

It's been years since I've seen him.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    You were very lucky to fall there.

IŽll be curious: Did Rippetoe have a habit of kicking out people who did silly "bodybuilding" routines full of exercises?

The question may seem dumb, but I need to figure out the situation.
    Never saw that in the years I was there. Helped me in a lot of ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast