starting strength gym

Thread: Your Training Log | Mark Rippetoe

Default Your Training Log | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A process is defined as “a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular objective.” “Training” is the process of increasing your physical capacity to perform. Whether your performance is in a competitive sport or staying out of a rest home, the process is the same...

Read more

I have training logs from the 90s when I worked out at Dr.Kens iron Island Gym. For some years I didn't keep logs when I trained at home. I have been keeping a paper log as well as keeping a log here when I started training again in 2015. My only problem is the #s seem to be going in reverse 😞

I use this type of book for my log. Hard cover, good binding, and will last several years of training.

I’ve used Sheiko gold to just log my lifts and export to excel for backups every couple months

What is Sheiko Gold?

It's an app that I use alongside the starting strength app during my workouts to log my sets/reps.

It does have a program you can run, but I don't really agree with the principles behind it (more volume focus with sub-maximal weights) so I don't use that aspect of the software. However, they do allow you to make/save your own workouts.

The article was about using a paper log book.

Yeah I went back after I posted and realized it wasn't a general discussion of methods - my bad I will remove my original post

Yep and I prefer the paper log books. Many years ago at my first attempt at consistent training I used those composition notebooks shown in the book. Those are nice too, and cheap. I used a spread sheet along with the log, with the intention to graph some of the data...

The paper logs are nice, and it feels good to see page after page filled with your own hand written notes. I can flip back 10-15 pages to see where I was, and watch my numbers and bodyweight numbers go up. Tells me I am atleast gaining or flat lining real quick.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredwassink View Post
    Yeah I went back after I posted and realized it wasn't a general discussion of methods - my bad I will remove my original post
    You cannot delete a post. Board policy.