starting strength gym

Thread: The Gifted, and The Rest of Us | Jim Steel

Default The Gifted, and The Rest of Us | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    ​We all know the type. The type of people that everything comes easy to. Yeah, those people. I am not one of those people. For instance, I was always awful at math when I was growing up. In fact, I had to take math in summer school my senior year just to graduate. I would hang in there for the first few weeks or so of each semester, and then I would get behind in the teaching and there was no catching up.

Read more

I love every one of your articles Jim. I wish I had a coach like you in high school. But instead I got “look up to go up”.

Thank you Jim for the great writing. Your work is always imbued with wisdom and Iron Game knowledge. Your Bas Barbell articles are also a fantastic source of inspiration and great reading.
    Keep up the awesome work.

And then there are we: Chronically ill people.

I would really like to belong to the average.

Thank you Jim for another great article. And great comments from the other posters. I have an almost 15 year old son and I’ve tried to instill the basics in him when it comes to lifting, something I never received. The fact that he loves to squat heavy, goes below parallel, and isn’t afraid to try the 5th rep in a tough set will pay dividends in his life way outside of lifting weights. He isn’t getting this from the HS football program (while I’m glad they lift weights there is no actual coaching going on) or HS basketball (next to no concept of lifting weights, just play hoops all the time). Good coaching for young people is such a luxury and a gift. And I also read your work at Bas Barbell and love it. Would recommend to everyone on the SS board.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    And then there are we: Chronically ill people.

I would really like to belong to the average.
    Me too buddy. The best we can do is the best of what we can do.

Really appreciate the kind words! Thanks so much for reading and commenting

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Orange View Post
    Me too buddy. The best we can do is the best of what we can do.
    I´ve been really depressed when I realized I would never have the performance of an average person.

But then I understood that it was better to do my best under the bar than to stay depressed in bed.

It will always be better to be slightly strong and sick than absolutely weak and sick.

Now I try to encourage people "little favored" physically to try the brilliant RIPs method.

I would love some SS Coach but I'm too far away, and then, I'm poor.

But I spread everything I can.