starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If looking bigger is the goal...

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    If your goal is to look like a 150 pound small but ripped frat guy go ahead, but if you want to fill out a XXL T shirt and not be fat you may want to up those numbers to. 400, 600, 700. Also a 700 pound stone is harder to lift then a 700 pound deadlift. Once you understand this you will see why your thinking is wrong.
    Re-read what mathloser actually says. He plans to keep on gaining weight by eating in a surplus, just not gaining strength or (therefore) muscle. No he will not look like a 150 lb skinny but ripped guy, and yes he will fill out an XXL t shirt, as well as a 50 inch pair of trousers. Might need to resort to a pauncho

Quote Originally Posted by biggah_traps View Post
    Re-read what mathloser actually says. He plans to keep on gaining weight by eating in a surplus, just not gaining strength or (therefore) muscle. No he will not look like a 150 lb skinny but ripped guy, and yes he will fill out an XXL t shirt, as well as a 50 inch pair of trousers. Might need to resort to a pauncho
    Yeah, there's only 2 things that cause weight gain in a full grown guy.

starting strength coach development program
    Mathgainer, I'm not sure how old you are. As a 59 year, I can assure you that unless you're aggressively trying to gain strength, you'll lose it. I'm not sure why exactly, but from my experience, if you go into the gym trying to maintain a certain level (i.e. 300lb squat), it will just get harder and harder resulting in a decline in strength much faster than if you were pushing yourself as hard as possible in an attempt to gain strength.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12