starting strength gym

Thread: When the Barbell Hates You Back: A Neurotic Lifter’s Survival Guide | Bre Acosta

Default When the Barbell Hates You Back: A Neurotic Lifter’s Survival Guide | Bre Acosta

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Here’s the harsh truth: your worth is not measured by a single lift. It took me seven years to figure that out. I am still fighting with myself to this day, and I wanted to share my experience, so that others may have some insight.

Read more

Very insightful article, my own personal bete noir being “showing up to the gym after a bad [long, mentally stressful] day.” The motivating “angelic voice” of Rip I hear in my head is essentially the same but expressed slightly differently: “you could do that … but then you would be a pussy.”

You have to accept it now or later. Even if PR's are hard to come by, embrace them while you can and be glad for the opportunity to be able to shoot for them, even if they fight you for weeks and months at a time because the time will come for every single person when there will be no more PR's...ever.

"Comparison is the thief of joy" ........Teddy Roosevelt