starting strength gym

Thread: Setting expectations for prospective clients?!

Default Setting expectations for prospective clients?!

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I know that progress in one's NLP is dependent on multiple factors (genetics, age, hormones, training & recovery compliance, the caliber of the coach)...

Still, do you guys think it would help to attract and convince prospective clients, and to be able to also answer questions like "what can I expect from this program", to state and talk about some realistic average results, achievable within the first 3-6 months?
    This somewhat vague time frame of 3 to 6 months should allow for most clients to achieve these results - clients with more preferable circumstances earlier than clients with less preferable ones...

e.g. assuming consistent workouts 3* per week, proper sleep and nutrition...
    • doubling or tripling of strength in terms of weight on the bar in your major lifts.
    • If underweight & undermuscled, expecting to add 4-6 kg of body weight (mostly lean muscle mass) for women and 8-12 kg for men
    • If overweight & undermuscled, expecting to keep body weight constant but replacing fat with lean muscle mass - 1.5-3 kg women, 2-4 kg for men (illustrated by a pic like the following)

fatvsmuscle.jpg

Have to admit that the values in point 2&3 come from chatGPT and my gut...

What do you think and how would more realistic results look like?

Goddammit son, do you think these questions haven't been addressed? Why will you not read the books and the board? Is it our job to save you the time -- babysit you??

A Clarification | Mark Rippetoe

The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Incremental Increases | Mark Rippetoe

And dozens more.