starting strength gym

Thread: Advanced Programming without a light day

Default Advanced Programming without a light day

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I知 curious about this. I知 not up to this yet in my own training but still wanted to ask.

I知 looking at the advanced section in Practical Programming. Please forgive me if this is covered in the book, but would a set up like the first advanced 8 week progression at the beginning of the advanced section work without a light day?

If you were to just squat Monday and Thursday with Thursday mirroring the Friday in the progression, and Wednesdays light day skipped?

I know it says that how an individual responds to not doing a light day is an individual thing. I just wanted to see if anyone has experience with that.

As for why, the reason would be so you can only do lower body 2 days a week instead of 3.

You are describing a 4 day split. This can work for advanced trainees as well is it can for intermediate trainees. An advanced trainee who has been doing a 4 day split should probably continue doing 4 day splits when doing advanced programming.

What question do you have that has an answer that is not available in the Grey Book?