starting strength gym

Thread: Controlling the Controllables: Stress, Recovery, Adaptation | Starting Strength Radio

Default Controlling the Controllables: Stress, Recovery, Adaptation | Starting Strength Radio

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025

Rip covers the variables you can control in your training, such as consistency, compliance, and recovery, and discusses factors beyond your control, like genetics. He also explores common reasons why your progress might be stalled and how to address them.

• 02:31 Comments from the Haters!
    • 15:16 Nuclear War
    • 18:34 Controllable Factors
    • 22:33 Consistency and Compliance
    • 29:55 Managing Additional Variables
    • 37:17 Stress, Recovery, Adaptation
    • 45:07 Data-Driven, Not Emotion-Driven
    • 54:47 Fueling Your Progress
    • 1:05:30 Steroids Won’t Solve Your Problems

The thing I appreciate most about the Rippetoe edicts is their simplicity. Stress, Recovery and Adaptation. That's all we really need to consider. If hurt, injured or just burned out and old, backing things off a bit and reverting to a simple three sets of five compound exercise routine, adding an infinitesimal amount of load each week, nearly always works. I've been doing the big barbell lifts for 35 years and when things turn to shit I know I can always rely upon fives. 53yo, 5'11", 235lb, S220kg/484lb, B163kg/359lb, D255kg/562lb ACDF, Spondylolisthesis, Lumbar Scoliosis, etc.......not on TRT. I live in Australia so apologies for that. We didn't have a war of independence so most of the population lives still on its knees. I'm getting a bit sick of the taste of cock and would like to move to Texas.

You'd be welcome here. Hurry.