starting strength gym
Page 52 of 386 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Puttering along

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    I am such a puss. I can feel pain anywhere and it will affect my lift. Pain in the low back and I can hardly muster up the strength to close grip. Poo.
    You are not the only one man. My elbow tendinitis makes all my other exercises go to hell. It takes away your concentrations and anything more than 200 lbs needs 100% concentration.

I have a 9:30 a.m. chiro appointment that I hope takes care of this. And then a full day after that of babysitting two Granddaughters, one of which is a little over 3 years old, the other 7 weeks old. Pray for me........! Poor poor Papa.......
    You are a lucky man. And this will be a good cardio workout

Their Mama takes more pictures than I have ever, actually never imagined! I can't believe the difference of the 7 week old from the day after she was born (I was on my way home from Wyoming) to about 4 weeks old. Not even the same li'l girl. I'm going to have to break down and buy a camera of my own pretty dadburned soon.
    I've noticed this and it's weird. They get really fat weeks after the birth, and most people I know tend to keep that until they die.

Get a camera, a good one.

Babysitting went well. The 7 week old little'un was fantastic, only had to change one poopy diaper, fed her twice and she never cried, even once. As long as when she's awake and you are holding her, she wants her chin up about level with the top of your shoulder and she will stay there for hours looking around at everything. The 3 year old was hurting with chapped lips that had split open and thought she should sit beside Papa so close that you couldn't have slid a sheet of paper between us!

I was adjusted by the Chiro yesterday and it was a screaming success! I'd say I was 85% today. Going to go use more ice here in a few minutes.

20" Close grip--145x15--240x15--275x2--290x2--315x6 sets of 2
    DB Military--45'sx10--65'sx10
    Curls--70x10--120x10--140x10
    Ab roller--20

Close grip felt great, low back let me put my feet on the floor. I think I'll spend some times working hard at DB militaries. Just need to do something different, I guess. Curls felt surprisingly light, maybe I'll work toward 170x10 and get out of my comfort zone. Ab rollers were pain free today so I think I'll start with some standing again next week.

I was adjusted by the Chiro yesterday and it was a screaming success!
    Good news. On to 420.

Congrats on the not only a wonderful day with the cuties, but getting some relief in your low back. Really glad for you.

...and those are some beastly curls, too! 170 is an awesome goal.

Thanks guys, a 420 CG and 170x10 curl in the same cycle would be pretty cool!

20" Close grip--240x12--315x6 sets of 4
    DB bench--80'x15--120'sx15
    Chins--15#x 16
    Ab roller--5 from knees--4 standing position

For some reason, though I had a tragedy in my person life today, no food and full of terrible grief all day, I was very very strong when lifting. I paused all 4 reps on the final CG set, DB's were easy though I have to admit, there was a bit of a strain with the chins. Probably because instead of wearing my normal shorts, shirt and sweatshirt, I had on work boots, double ply jeans, 2 shirts and 2 sweatshirts. That was probably near 10lbs itself.

I'm planning on staying with ab roller work from the standing position only once per week until I get more conditioned for it. About 4 weeks and I'll attempt to add a second day and see how that goes.

Thank God for whisky. I'm going to try and drink all I have.

Stay strong. Down the whiskey and shout at the moon. Tomorrow will come.

I had a tragedy in my person life today, no food and full of terrible grief all day
    Sorry to hear it. This, too, shall pass.

Sorry about the misfortune, and wishing you and yours all the best.

Seems like there's no shortage of suffering right now.

starting strength coach development program
    For some reason, though I had a tragedy in my person life today, no food and full of terrible grief all day, I was very very strong when lifting.

Thank God for whisky. I'm going to try and drink all I have.
    Sorry about that man. Thank God for whisky AND the iron. Those are the best remedies.