starting strength gym
Page 179 of 189 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1887

Thread: Papa Jerrys log.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    that will get you to focus on your grip!

Thursday 2/1/24
    BP bar/8 75/5 95/1 102⅓/5 4 4
    BB row 115/3 135/5 5 5
    Belt sqt 135/20
    I wanted 3 sets of 5 on the BP but wasn't happening today. My left shoulder has been aching me for a few days. It feel like it's in the muscle not the joint area. I skipped the presses. I was feeling OK before the bench today, I did take 2 asprins and put on some Tiger Balm. It aching again I did the belt sqts hoping it will help prevent soreness after sqts next week

Monday 2/5/24
    Belt sqt 135/20
    Tricep presssown 50/8
    DL 115/12
    DB curls, I tried to do seated incline db curls 15lbs. I couldn't even get one with the left arm. Stood up and did hammer curls and got 12.Heading out to Dr. soon.

Went to orthopedic doctor. Xrays show arthritis in both shoulders and and some deposits in RS. I know over the years I have probably torn up my rotator cuffs and didnt get them attended to. Have mri scheduled. I got cortisone shot on both sides.Said would probably need shoulder replacement on LS someday. Not to bad today. The PA told me not to fo any over head lifting.I am going to PT today to see what they say.

Thursday 2/8/24
    Belt sqt. 135/6 160/6 180/6 205/8
    SLDL 115/12

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Went to orthopedic doctor. Xrays show arthritis in both shoulders and and some deposits in RS. I know over the years I have probably torn up my rotator cuffs and didnt get them attended to. Have mri scheduled. I got cortisone shot on both sides.Said would probably need shoulder replacement on LS someday. Not to bad today. The PA told me not to fo any over head lifting.I am going to PT today to see what they say.
    Sorry to hear about your beat up shoulders. You are a true warrior of aging, you just dont give up, do you?

Well Berg, that's not in my plans. The L/S sure is weak on external rotation. I did some of the hanging bar stuff from Rips shoulder video before I went to physical therapy today. The PT seems to want to get me back on track. I don't expect to BP or press what a did even a few years ago but I still will keep at it.

Sat 2/10/24
    Did some shoulder rehab stuff. Pendulums, rotator cuff exercises, Ripps hanging bar stuff before hand.
    Trap bar DL 135/5 155/5 185/3 205/2 225/
    Hammer curl 15/12
    Tricep presssown 50/8
    Some assorted grip stuff.

Glad to see you're doing what you can Jerry... I'm trying to do the same, but things have changed a lot for me now .I had X-rays of my neck, spine and hips last week... the first since 2010. Went over them with a new chiropractor last Friday. I'm in worse shape than I imagined. I have a bad leftward tilt of my spine and hips, and the spaces between my vertebrae have decreased considerably. He said I very likely have compression fractures. My hips are showing a lot of degeneration, more on the right side. He asked if anyone had talked to me about a hip replacement yet (not yet). He also said it looks like I injured my neck long ago, and it looks like it's fused in that spot now. Threw me for a loop seeing all that. I told him what I've been doing all these years...he was impressed and said I look great for 69, small consolation.
    So my normal training (powerlifting) plans are shelved, and I'm working on re-creating my training. He did tell me to keep training, and take care of myself. He did one treatment on me, and it gave me more relief since I can remember. Take care of yourself Jerry, I'll figure it out!

starting strength coach development program
    We are warriors of aging. Just keep on going boys!