starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmoy's Bungaloo of Cyborz Electronic Erotica

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    bmoy,

Just read your log today. Good luck on hitting your new goals! Btw, I did intermediate madcow program after I completed Starting Strength program, and deloading once like you did, but I find that the 4 sets of deadlift on Wednesday are absolutely killing me, and I got no progress on the deadlift. Since right now you're only doing 1 set of deadlift, and sometimes none, I think you'll have similar problem like mine. Long story short, I don't recommend going to intermediate madcow program immediately right after you finish this program, at least modify the deadlift volume or move the deadlift to another day, and keep Wed light.

How long has your bench been stuck at those levels, Brian? Where is your sticking point?

Teh Lower ME Workout 10/2/07

Front Squat
    1 x 10 @ 45lbs
    1 x 5 @ 135lbs
    1 x 2 @ 160lbs
    3 x 5 @ 180lbs

Sumo Deadlift
    1 x 8 @ 135lbs
    1 x 3 @ 225lbs
    3 x 8 @ 265lbs

Hack Squat Calf Raises
    3 x 10 @ 10 plates + 20lbs

Comments:
    First time I've hit PR's on every exercise since my early SS days. Felt pretty good overall, last set of sumo's had me grunting pretty darned loud, people must've thought I was dying or something.

Teh Upper RE Workout 10/3/07

Standing OH Press
    1 x 10 @ 45lbs
    3 x 5 @ 130lbs

Push Pressed my last few reps. I think front squatting kind've sored up my delts a bit. Anyone experience this before?

1" off Chest Flat bb Rack Press
    3 x 6 @ 135lbs

These were hard as crap. I placed the barbell on the pins which were set at just under 1" off my chest and just pushed it off, then lowered it slowly and did it again. These were really tough.

Pendlay Row
    3 x 10 @ 135lbs

I played around with a Yates row, but my form was goofy, so I stuck with these. Were pretty rough and rowdy to be honest.

Flat db Bench Press
    1 x 8 @ 60lbs
    2 x 6 @ 60lbs

Give my chest a little extra attention.

Decline Weighted Situps
    3 x 10 @ 45lbs

Hammercurls
    2 x 10 @ 55lbs

Comments:
    Tons to do today, probably won't have much time to chat. Energy was very low and I was exhausted. I tossed the little extra work in so I don't have to do my accessory workout tomorrow so I can study extra in the morning

Teh Lower RE Workout 10/5/07

Conventional Deadlift
    1 x 8 @ 135lbs
    1 x 3 @ 185lbs
    1 x 3 @ 225lbs
    1 x 3 @ 245lbs
    1 x 3 @ 265lbs
    1 x 3 @ 285lbs

Used 65% of my 3RM for this one. This was mostly a form check day. I think I fixed my rounding problems. I remembered to stick the chest out, throw the shoulders back and begin the descent from the hips and then the knees. Much better . Knees are bloody as F*ck!

Front Squat
    1 x 10 @ 95lbs
    1 x 5 @ 135lbs
    1 x 3 @ 155lbs
    3 x 5 @ 185lbs

Grunted my way up like my last 2 sets. Was pretty rough but I think I still got a good 5-10lbs left in me.

Hack Squat Calf Raises
    3 x 10 @ 10plates + 25lbs

Comments:
    Pretty decent workout. Was tired as poop but thank God yesterday is done with and it's all downhill from this point on. Going to be spending the weekend with Jenna and then going to a family party in my neck of the woods on Saturday and Sunday. Have a great weekend ya'll

Teh Upper ME 10/8/07

Flat bb Bench
    1 x 10 @ bar
    1 x 3 @ 135lbs
    1 x 3 @ 155lbs
    1 x 4 @ 165lbs
    2 x 3 @ 167.5lbs

Well upped the weight a bit but didn't come close to completing all reps. My bench sucks . Looks like sooner than later it's going to be 5 x 5 time to get these bad boys up.

Power Cleans and OH Press
    10 x 5 @ 135lbs

I basically did nothing else but play with these all day and BOY are they fun

Comments:
    I've been getting sort of bored in the gym and I've really wanted to try some O lifts and other fun things so I basically just played with the Power Clean and Press all day yesterday and BOY is it a workout! I spent like a long while with just the bar getting the technique and then i finally threw some weight on. It was ridiculously heavy but it was challenging and fun. I tossed in the press at the end to fulfill my shoulder portion of this workout. All in all alot of fun, and I think my form is really good too. Very explosive lift, me rikey .

Teh Upper Accessory Workout 10/9/07

Wide Grip Pullups
    2 x 8 @ bodyweight

Power Cleans and OH Press
    3 x 5 @ 135lbs

Hammercurls
    3 x 10 @ 50lbs

Decline Skullcrushers
    3 x 8 @ 65lbs

Decline Weighted Situps
    3 x 10 @ 45lbs

Comments:
    Simple workout. Tossed in some more PC and Press for fun .

Teh Lower ME Workout 10/10/07

Front Squat
    1 x 10 @ 45lbs
    1 x 5 @ 135lbs
    1 x 2 @ 160lbs
    3 x 5 @ 190lbs

Sumo Deadlift
    1 x 8 @ 135lbs
    1 x 3 @ 225lbs
    3 x 8 @ 270lbs

Hack Squat Calf Raises
    3 x 10 @ 10 plates + 30lbs

Comments:
    I think I got overzealous a bit and tried to do too much today. My back from the sumo's + Power Cleans and OH Press is completely wrecked today. Guess I'll be spending most of the next 2 days doing nothing but resting. Good workout though. Front squats felt good, ATG with decent bar speed. I'll probably hit 185 or 190 again on my Lower RE day and not try to set another PR after deadlifting but who knows. .

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBmoy View Post
    I've been getting sort of bored in the gym and I've really wanted to try some O lifts and other fun things so I basically just played with the Power Clean and Press all day yesterday and BOY is it a workout! I spent like a long while with just the bar getting the technique and then i finally threw some weight on. It was ridiculously heavy but it was challenging and fun. I tossed in the press at the end to fulfill my shoulder portion of this workout. All in all alot of fun, and I think my form is really good too. Very explosive lift, me rikey .
    I added cleans to one of my lower days and snatches to the other. It's really making me look forward to those workouts, which definitely wasn't the case before. Don't be afraid to drop a bit of weight off the bar to work on the clean form. You can always put more weight on to do the presses.

Next, try some power snatches and get that bar off the floor and over your head in one movement

starting strength coach development program
    Teh Upper RE Workout 10/12/07 + Accessory

Power Clean + OH Press / "push press"
    1 x 10 @ 45lbs
    3 x 5 @ 140lbs

The OH portion was very challenging, and the cleaning winded me out. The last 2 reps on the last set became push presses.

Flat db Bench Press
    3 x 6 @ 70lbs

Hey my gym finally decided to replace the missing 70lb db

Decline Weighted Situps
    3 x 10 @ 45lbs

Hammercurls
    2 x 10 @ 55lbs

Decline Skullicrushers
    2 x 8 @ 65lbs

Comments:
    Decided to utilize the PC again today and boy I really do love this movement. Pretty good workout all around.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast