Right arm only:
    DB bench - 4x10,9@100
    Cable pull down - 7,7,6@92.5
    DB press - 8,7,7@70
    Cable row - 3x6@112.5
    Left arm:
    Shoulder external rotation 3x10 orange band
    Shoulder internal rotation 3x10 orange band
    Curls - 3x10@2.5 (don't have DBs that small, just used a plate)

Just couldn't lock out the 10th rep on the last set of DB bench. Meh. Had my first day of PT yesterday - I now kinda understand some of the disdain around here for the profession. Going to try and keep an open mind even though a fair amount of it feels like silly BS - after all, if I could accurately judge the health of my biceps tendon, presumably I wouldn't have screwed it up in the first place. Band work on the left side was suggested by the PT. Curls were my own idea - not approved. I'll go slow and be careful.

Glad recovery continues!

Not sure where you live, but it might be worth reaching out and seeing if there's a Physical Therapist who's also a SSC in your area. Those guys exist.

Even if there's not one in your area, might be worth emailing one and getting their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    Glad recovery continues!

Not sure where you live, but it might be worth reaching out and seeing if there's a Physical Therapist who's also a SSC in your area. Those guys exist.

Even if there's not one in your area, might be worth emailing one and getting their opinion.
    Thanks! Can't wait to be cleared to start direct elbow flexion and pronation work - but moving too fast would just rip everything up again so trying to stay patient. Unfortunately, of the SSCs that I know around here none are also PTs. But a question posted "upstairs" in the coaches' section might be the right idea.

8/3
    SSB - 3x5@275
    Right arm only:
    DB bench - 5x10@100 - Brotastic!
    Cable pull down - 3x7@92.5
    DB press - 3x5@70 (failure, supposed to be 3x8@70)
    Cable row - 7,3,2@112.5

DB bench is a minor milestone - pleased. Not pleased with significant regression on press and cable rows. Triceps failed me on press and grip failed me on rows.

8/6
    SSB - 3x5@285
    Right arm only:
    DB press - 6,7,7@70
    Cable row - 3x7@112.5
    Left arm:
    Internal rotation
    External rotation
    Front shoulder raise/lateral shoulder raise
    Right arm:
    DB bench - 10,10,9,7,8@100
    Cable pull down - 7,4,3@92.5

Meh, not happy with today. Swapped my usual order of lifts hoping that would let me get all the press and row reps I missed Thursday. Also intentionally skipped lifting yesterday hoping that an extra day of rest would help. Obviously not - still under performed on press and then regressed on bench. Rows were better at the expense of pull downs. Have to ponder what the road forward looks like.

8/8
    SSB - 3x5@295
    Right arm:
    DB bench - 5x10@100
    Cable pull down - 3x7@90

Skipped the second superset - since I've been having trouble getting all reps in I'm going to try doing A and B days for a while - see if that kick starts at least some slow progress again.

8/10
    SSB - 3x5@305
    Right arm:
    DB press - 3x8@70
    Cable row - 3x7@112.5

Barely got all reps on SSB - lower back has been cranky for weeks now but today it was just on fire again. Having trouble not rounding over. Will start belting up again next time - if that isn't enough to get me completely tight again, I'll need to slightly back off and then consider smaller daily increases and/or fewer sessions per week. Finally got all reps/sets on my upper body superset so an initial signal that the A/B schedule was the right idea.

11/6/2017
    Back to logging again. The TL;DR - Life got a little off the rails and I quit lifting entirely for a while. Not the best idea from a strength point of view, but it helped with mental sanity to have one less time commitment. Wasn't logging on here during my time out, but I did stay somewhat connected by volunteering as one of the scorers at a powerlifting meet and the strengthlifting meet recently.

With the blessing of the surgeon, I finally started lifting again with barbells almost a month ago. I have certain restrictions still - I need to continue being very cautious of arm flexion with heavy weight - no pullups with full bodyweight, no helping people move, etc. - and I have to hook-grip the deadlift for the rest of my life. Fair enough.

Started over again with the basic novice linear progression 3 days a week, though the jumps in the first couple of days were more than just 5-10 pounds. Also had several sessions with a coach as I restarted to make sure my form was correct.

Today:
    Squat - 3x5@275
    Press - 3x5@125
    Deadlift - 5@325

Nice thing about being a novice again is getting in and out in just over an hour.

Glad to see you are back at it!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    Glad to see you are back at it!
    Thanks Caveman! It's nice to finally get restarted.

11/8
    Squat - 3x5@285
    Bench - 3x5@235

Squat - sharp low back pain, my old enemy, reared its ugly head during squats today. Damn it. Knee slide made a cameo appearance as well.
    Bench - no issue. Only struggle is in the past I've made the best progress on bench when doing it at least 3 days/week. But "the program" is every other session. From the standpoint of not neglecting press as I'm wont to do, that's a good thing. But I'm wondering if I couldn't recover on bench faster hitting it more often. Hmm, have to ask coach about that
    Deadlift - skipped - coach said to taper to just Mondays & Fridays starting this week. Will ask if I should sub in super light lat pulldowns or similar on Wednesdays.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112