starting strength gym
Page 77 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    But then I get sick of looking at the brown, dormant Bermuda throughout the winter
    I don't have that problem as my weeds stay green all year round.....

10-16-2022 Sunday

Weight 193

Bench
    070-4...19" grip
    120-3
    160-2
    180-3
    180-3
    165-5...16"

This went well for the sleep I have had lately.

Hopefully you get that sleep sorted, Fred.

Regardless, some mighty fine numbers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Hopefully you get that sleep sorted, Fred.

Regardless, some mighty fine numbers there.

Sleep will be fine as long as other people in the area keep their dogs in their own yard and out of my totally fenced in front and rear yards. 4am last night my dog let us know we had intruders and found two very friendly medium size lab puppys which my boxer just loved and then got them out the front gate. Good lord.

Thanks for the encouragement as those are better numbers than what I could do 6 weeks ago on a 10 pound weight restriction. Thanks also for posting somewhere on your log about stuffing your mouth with food as it made me realise that I might need to be sure to get more protein even at this lighter bodyweight to ensure progress with lifting.
    Last edited by Fred J; 11-01-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Yeah, that food piece is crucial. And easy to forget. After I posted about that on Friday, I decided to hop on the scale, which I hadn't done since late August (I usually weigh on chins days, but I haven't been doing those due to my shoulder issues). Apparently I put on 10lbs during that time, which might also explain why my deadlifts moved so easily that day.

If you haven't, definitely give Santana's latest podcast a listen. There are some great ideas in there on sanely getting the right calories in - Weights & Plates Podcast #38.

Thanks for the link. I will give it a listen.

Ok the biggest thing I got out of Santana's podcast is that I probably am not getting enough protein or fiber and I am getting too much fat from dairy...mainly cheese. I have my 2% milk under control I believe. Low volume for that. More lean meat, fruits and veggies.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you on the dairy. We make our own yogurt, since we go through it so much and can control the thickness, and it has all been full fat milk. I'll see if I can convince the bride to switch to lower fat, since we still get plenty through cheeses. I don't mind a little bit of fluff, but no need to carry much more than necessary.

Some foods are just not the same without cheese. I do want to try some no flavor protein in my oatmeal as that sounds like a good way to sneak in a bit more protein.

10-18-2022 Tuesday

Squat
    070-4
    120-3
    170-1
    192-3*
    175-5

Since after losing weight and other issues is a bit like starting over I am going to be marking PR's with an * to better keep up with them. So far so good as I am back to 3 reps at body weight. This is 35 pounds under previous PR when I weighed around 15-17 pounds heavier. It's not much to many but for a recovering 69 year old it's better than not lifting.

Yeehaw it has cooled off here. How about elsewhere?

starting strength coach development program
    Nice work. I listened to the podcast. I'm really trying to get and stay around 198lbs.
    The weather right now is great in NY. No AC and no heat needed. It would be nice if it stayed like this all year. It sure would piss off the oil, gas and electric companies.