starting strength gym
Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred's modified SS Geezer log

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I say let em be pissed...lol

Fred - I have been using Isopure Unflavored Whey Protein Powder for years now. It goes well with pretty much everything. It's not the cheapest, but it's also not full of crap like so many of the others. I also use it as a base for my post-workout shake, including a bit of orange flavored fiber powder (off-brand Metamucil) and a scoop of Naked Creatine (same as the whey, with no crazy additives).

We've had the warmest beginning of October in many decades around here, which is finally going to change late this week. We've been running in the mid- to upper 70s, with lows in the low 40s. By this weekend, highs in the upper 40s and lows at freezing. Right where it should be. I'm already trying to figure out when I am going to make my warm to cold season lifting transition. Tonight's fundraiser for the local avalanche center, complete with movies, will probably have me leaning towards sooner rather than later.

The Isopure was the brand that I almost ordered last night. I will give it a try...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Tonight's fundraiser for the local avalanche center, complete with movies, will probably have me leaning towards sooner rather than later.
    Don't you live somewhere like Washington or Oregon and right in the mountains? I have crs this am and [can't remember shit.] Your house isn't in danger in an avalanche is it?

Eastern Washington. So we bopped over into northern Idaho overnight for the fundraiser.

We aren't directly in the mountains, so no danger of that. But over the winter, we play in a lot of the mountains where there's a risk, so it's always good to support the crews that are going out and assessing the issues for us, before we go out and assess the risk for ourselves before getting our turns in.

It is good to lend support where needed. It sounds like fun. There was a young kid at work that started working at IIRC a plant that makes KIND bars. Anyway in Twin Falls and he was into all the snow playing and said he did not have to go too far to be there. I am guessing north of TF. I told him he should go down to the salt flats at Bonneville while he worked there.

I am quite familiar with that area, having lived outside of Boise back in the early '90s. That's the area that got me into the backcountry play during the winter months. Being young, dumb, and on a very tight budget, we'd hike up hills to get ski runs in when we couldn't get lift tickets. It was a lot of fun, but knowing what I know now, it's amazing that we survived many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    It was a lot of fun, but knowing what I know now, it's amazing that we survived many situations.
    I can relate to that statement.

10-21-2022 Thursday

Weight 192

Bench
    070-3....20" grip
    120-3
    160-2
    182-2*....failed 3rd rep
    160-3
    160-3....16" grip
    160-3

Rows
    070-6
    120-6

Felt lazy beforehand. Poor sleep again.
    Last edited by Fred J; 10-24-2022 at 08:16 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    070-3....20" grip
    120-3
    160-2
    182-2...failed 3rd rep
    160-3
    160-3....16" grip
    I, too, have toggled my BP grip width so much over time: 16", hands right in the middle of the knurling and the score, one thumbs length from the start of the knurling, pinkies touching the score, etc.