starting strength gym
Page 1970 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 970147018701920196019681969197019711972198020202070 ... LastLast
Results 19,691 to 19,700 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I saw an enormous (fat) guy benching at LA Fitness several times. I think he was repping over 4 plates. His spotter was a woman who weighed maybe 120-130 lbs. He had collars on and was using suicide grip. Would've been hurt pretty badly/killed if the bar slipped.
    FWIW, he would have been hurt pretty badly or killed if the bar slipped with Callador spotting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    FWIW, he would have been hurt pretty badly or killed if the bar slipped with Callador spotting him.
    Yeah, of course, but Callador vs. a 130 lb woman might make the difference between him getting hurt or killed. He needed a couple more spotters or, preferably, some safeties.

Ugh, stupid strong guy at my gym pulled 905 tonight. In a suit, with straps, and he let go at the top. But he got there easy.

There's some idiot in the gym tonight trying to bench press with his pinky off the bar because he hurt it last week.

I am that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    There's some idiot in the gym tonight trying to bench press with his pinky off the bar because he hurt it last week.

I am that idiot.
    Just had a painful memory which this reminded me of.
    Years ago I was benching with a broken pinky. It was taped up good enough and I was able to bench without much discomfort. I had just 135 on the bar, was pushing the bar slow with pauses at the bottom. About 1/2 way up on the ~10th rep, some chick jams over and grabs the bar to "spot me", totally mashing down on my broken pinky. She realized what happened prettymuch immediately and let go of the bar. Good. Good. Benching fine, come over and smash my finger and then let go of the bar too.

Turns out she was a personal trainer there.
    Putting aside my judgement, we dated for a few months after that. Finger is still crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalli View Post
    Just had a painful memory which this reminded me of.
    Years ago I was benching with a broken pinky. It was taped up good enough and I was able to bench without much discomfort. I had just 135 on the bar, was pushing the bar slow with pauses at the bottom. About 1/2 way up on the ~10th rep, some chick jams over and grabs the bar to "spot me", totally mashing down on my broken pinky. She realized what happened prettymuch immediately and let go of the bar. Good. Good. Benching fine, come over and smash my finger and then let go of the bar too.

Turns out she was a personal trainer there.
    Putting aside my judgement, we dated for a few months after that. Finger is still crooked.
    Which was the painful part of the memory? Smashed pinky or dating the crazy PT?

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    Which was the painful part of the memory? Smashed pinky or dating the crazy PT?
    Yes.
    She was actually a fun girl. If you look past the Tren mood swings (just a theory)... oh, and her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend/boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. That part would have been nice to know about before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalli View Post
    Yes.
    She was actually a fun girl. If you look past the Tren mood swings (just a theory)... oh, and her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend/boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. That part would have been nice to know about before hand.
    So she was somewhere between fun zone and danger zone on the Hot/Crazy matrix?

starting strength coach development program
    Isn't that juji's functional stretching and mobility workout? Man, it ruins the joke to recaption it crossfit....