starting strength gym
Page 2073 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1073157319732023206320712072207320742075208321232173 ... LastLast
Results 20,721 to 20,730 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
    And his heels go up each time

Sent from the bowels of hell
    More functional that way

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Not a gym tale but...

Yesterday I realized I was out of protein powder, so I stopped by Walmart on the way home to pick up their store brand of whey protein isolate (probably Chinese Formica dust with lead additives). I roll up to the protein powder aisle to see a woman in her 50s/60s perusing the pre-mixed drinks in a sundress of sorts. Well, I paid no attention and went into the next aisle to get some DHEA and chromium picolinate, figuring she would have made a selection and left by the time I returned. Of course, I was wrong. However, she was then eating a Pure Protein bar from a box she had opened and still looking at the various products. Now remember that I had mentioned that she was in a sundress. It will now be noted that she was not in a very fit shape. Furthermore, she had several scabs/blackheads/metastasized cancerous things all over her back. She then turned to talk (yell) at her associate in another language (unknown, I can rule out Spanish), while still chewing on the bar which revealed a most hideous profile. Seeing all of this, I stood perfectly still, as if I were in the fixed sights of a velociraptor, biding my time. When she finally did move aside, just barely, I hurriedly grabbed the protein powder I needed and power walked away.
    This is why I don't go to Walmart if I can get it at target, and I'm on auto delivery of protein from Amazon. Truly a frightening story for two reasons: Walmart protein and Walmart shopper

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    this. All the time people will look to the side while squatting or deadlifting to check form. Can't believe this isn't a common sense thing not to do . . . the back/spine is a fickle thing, twisting, etc.
    Every once in a while or so I will read some of the forums on bodybuilding.com. Amazing how many guys in their 20's have cervical disk problems. I honestly believe the looking in the mirror thing is a major contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Not a gym tale but...

Yesterday I realized I was out of protein powder, so I stopped by Walmart on the way home to pick up their store brand of whey protein isolate (probably Chinese Formica dust with lead additives). I roll up to the protein powder aisle to see a woman in her 50s/60s perusing the pre-mixed drinks in a sundress of sorts. Well, I paid no attention and went into the next aisle to get some DHEA and chromium picolinate, figuring she would have made a selection and left by the time I returned. Of course, I was wrong. However, she was then eating a Pure Protein bar from a box she had opened and still looking at the various products. Now remember that I had mentioned that she was in a sundress. It will now be noted that she was not in a very fit shape. Furthermore, she had several scabs/blackheads/metastasized cancerous things all over her back. She then turned to talk (yell) at her associate in another language (unknown, I can rule out Spanish), while still chewing on the bar which revealed a most hideous profile. Seeing all of this, I stood perfectly still, as if I were in the fixed sights of a velociraptor, biding my time. When she finally did move aside, just barely, I hurriedly grabbed the protein powder I needed and power walked away.
    Not Natty. Performance One Advanced Sports Training | Official Statement in Regards to Sarah Robles

I just recently finished my vanilla whey powder, I bought it on accident. Somebody put it on the chocolate side of the endcap. Asshole. I cursed them daily for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    More functional that way
    . . .reminds me . . . I heard this term the other day: Functional Drink or Beverage.

thought it was a joke. but its really a thing.

Functional beverage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    This is why I don't go to Walmart if I can get it at target, and I'm on auto delivery of protein from Amazon. Truly a frightening story for two reasons: Walmart protein and Walmart shopper
    It is an interesting phenomenon, the universal Wal-mart shopper constant. There are people you will only see at a Wal-mart. It does not matter where in world the Wal-mart is located. These people will be there.

Once in Syria (ca 2007) I was perusing a pirated DVD stand and found the adult section. One of the DVDs was "Playboy Presents: The Women of Walmart." To this day I'm not quite sure what to make of the decision to produce such a thing, the choice to make copies of that film specifically, and the implications of that kind of film for the syrians' perceptions of American culture.

Default Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

Last edited by God of Thunder; 06-22-2016 at 01:20 PM.

This thread needs a lunk alarm for when it goes off topic ;-)

Sent from the bowels of hell

starting strength coach development program
    Why don't you guys buy whey from myprotein? It's like half the price of ON.