starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a lot of belts.

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Kyle - congrats on the new job! We primarily have belts from Best Belts and Inzer, so I can't speak to how well cheaper belts will hold up, but I'll offer some advice which you might find useful:
    • Single prongs are nice, but double prongs are fine too (as I think you already understand from your previous comment). Kids will get used to putting them on - the learning process might take a bit longer, but they'll get it eventually, and then it won't be an issue again.
    • If you can convince your administration that the safety of their students is involved, you might - might - get them to shell out some more dollars for higher quality belts. The possibility (however imagined or slim) of a lawsuit is never a pleasant one for administrations.
    • I've heard reasonably good things about Stoic's belts - they have a 10 mm version as well as a 6 mm version. As you probably know, the 10 mm version would be better, but I also understand your budget constraints.
    • All in all, you'll be better off with a smaller amount of quality belts than a bunch of cheap ones. Kids can get used to sharing them pretty quickly.

I hope this helps, and happy shopping!

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Phil, I'll definitely look into what I can do and what the school is willing to shell out to equip things correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12