starting strength gym

Thread: new Nike lifting shoe with lower heel height

Default new Nike lifting shoe with lower heel height

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I know people are always looking for a lower heel than the typical 3/4 inch heels on most modern lifting shoes. Check out the Nike Savaleos, they are less expensive than the Nike Romaleos and have a heel height of .59 inches. I've got a pair en route to see how they feel. Linked in case anyone else is interested.

Nike Savaleos - Men's - Black / White / Gray Fog / Laser Orange | Rogue Fitness

It includes clips for handstand push-ups, an exercise whose sole benefit is that it doesn’t require equipment. But yeah, the heel height is of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    It includes clips for handstand push-ups, an exercise whose sole benefit is that it doesn’t require equipment. But yeah, the heel height is of interest.
    I don't see any "clips" on the shoe or mentioned anywhere in the description. Not saying they aren't there, I just don't see them. Where are they?

The heel’s protruding edge minimizes its surface area against the wall. Nike copied it from their Metcon line, since this is a “hybrid” shoe. It may end up being good for lifting, but I’ve been gifted similar shoes and my experiences give me pause.

I got the shoes and they were more narrow than my other Nike's to the point of crushing my toes together. If you order some, maybe think about ordering a size up. I returned them.

How do you know the heel height?
    It seems like some shoes have the heel height stated, and others don't. I'm sure its been done to death; I wouldn't dare to start a new thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by big_glasscock View Post
    How do you know the heel height?
    It seems like some shoes have the heel height stated, and others don't. I'm sure its been done to death; I wouldn't dare to start a new thread.
    You measure it.