starting strength gym

Thread: Deciding to fix or buy new lifting shoes

Default Deciding to fix or buy new lifting shoes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Starting with the premise that money is no object for lifting shoes I want to know what people think. I have had a pair of Romaleo 2 for probably since they were released. I love the shoe. I have gotten the sole (rubber not plastic) reglued once and now needs reglueung a second time. Should I get them reglued or get brand new version 4s?

AFAIK, 4s are narrower, but I'd reglued old ones anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tlifter View Post
    Starting with the premise that money is no object for lifting shoes I want to know what people think. I have had a pair of Romaleo 2 for probably since they were released. I love the shoe. I have gotten the sole (rubber not plastic) reglued once and now needs reglueung a second time. Should I get them reglued or get brand new version 4s?
    I’d preserve old favorite shoes, and I’ve found regluing (or sole replacement) to be inexpensive.

Shoes like these are harder to resole than Do-Win classics or even leather-soled dress shoes. Some would even say that these shoes are more or less garbage once the outsole wears through. I give your cobbler credit. I can't tell if you're saying that your Rom 2's need to be resoled or if you want him to glue the existing sole back on. If it's the former, and he did good quality work the first time, I agree with resoling. If it's the latter, you might consider how much usable life it has left and whether or not it stayed in place long enough after the first regluing.

The ROM 4'd are heavy and stable, but I don't love the straps and they don't fit my feet as well as Do-Wins. Can't compare to the ROM 2's - never wore them myself.