starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of sports pants should I wear to do powercleans?

Default What type of sports pants should I wear to do powercleans?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    What type of sports pants do you recommend wearing when doing deadlifts and powercleans?

This has never been an issue for me because so far I have never had any problems with clothing. I have always used running tights because it has given me more confidence to make it easier for the bar to slide over my lower limbs, as the fabric barely wrinkles.

I bought a new bar and bumper plates not long ago, since I was requiring it for the high kilos I am lifting now in the power clean (about 85 Kg). So far everything was going well, but when I was wearing a certain model of long tights last week, I ended up after the sets with swelling and redness on my right midthigh, just in the area where the second pull begins.

I barely have this discomfort on my lef thigh and I have come to the conclusion that the cause of this must be the tights I was wearing. It has a thinner fabric embroidered just in the midthigh area that makes the friction of the bar with the skin greater. And due to certain asymmetries in the embroidery of this article of clothing, it is more towards the center on the right side, while on the left it is more lateral.

I haven't had this problem with the other types of tights, but with this episode I have had to consider what type of pants to use when doing deadlifts, and especially power cleans. Any recommendation?

Just wear the grey sweats.

You guys are lifting in pants?

I too was surprised.

Personally, I prefer to do my power cleans in a kilt, cueing myself to try for the Marilyn Monroe effect to ensure I keep the bar against my legs.

The Red Kap work shorts are very well made and comfy to lift in. I wear pretty high cut socks most of the time and its enough to keep my shins from getting tore up. I like the shorts since I started using the knee sleeves for squats otherwise the champion brand sweat pants are preferred.

And you can trust T -- he writes for Vogue on the side.

What type of thigh pads or protection do you recommend to avoid the appearance of bruises on the thigh due to the friction of the bar when doing the second pull in the power clean?

What is wrong with the "appearance of bruises"? Is your mom worried about you?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And you can trust T -- he writes for Vogue on the side.
    They cancelled me after not wearing my mask like a good lil boy. I now write for guns n ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast