starting strength gym

Thread: Monolifts for Bench Press

Default Monolifts for Bench Press

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello, I have a set of monolifts that I’ve used for benchpress. I’ve seen videos where people use them to squat, but I have no interest in that. I like the solid j-cups for setting up my squats.

But what are your thoughts on using them for benchpress?

I appreciate value your advice. Thank you!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Badoga View Post
    Hello, I have a set of monolifts that I’ve used for benchpress. I’ve seen videos where people use them to squat, but I have no interest in that. I like the solid j-cups for setting up my squats.

But what are your thoughts on using them for benchpress?

I appreciate value your advice. Thank you!

Ben
    I happen to know that Rip, Rusty, and Nick talked about monolift attachments on Starting Strength Radio episode 273, since it was in response to a question from me. If you're a Network member, you can watch it there, otherwise the audio is available via podcast. That question starts at about the 51 minute mark.

On a selfish note, I'm curious what kind you have, Ben. I know that there are third models that are supposedly compatible with Rogue's Monster Lite setups, but I'm looking for people with direct experience with them before I decide on a model, since it 's a non-trivial expenditure.

I use monolift attachments for all my heavy benching. They are a game changer, especially for 1RM attempts. I can set my grip and keep my shoulders fully retracted. No possibility of hitting the hooks on the way up. I think it's even better than getting a handoff.