starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low noise cardio

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Conditioning work is exercise, not training. Two different physical interventions.
    Understood. So if I may ask, and I'll try to word it a bit different so hopefully I'm not misunderstood. Am I correct in understanding you, that if/when we do conditioning work it's not necessary to increase the exertion or intensity of it to track our LP?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    I should've included on my reply that I can't see anyway to consistently add resistance with any kind of accuracy to this sort of setup, so I don't see it as a viable alternative to a sled, rower or bike. But I could be completely wrong, I'm just going on the assumption that as ones' squat goes up the sled work would get easier necessitating regularly increasing weight on the sled.
    You're not trying to increase force production, so the need to increase force production is not present.

Training against resistance via a bike or sled is the easiest way but you can get a conditioning effect from sprints, which don't require any resistance at all. You just set up some interval you do that sucks your wind out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12