starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ludwig Liftin' it

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Fasted cardio on off days too...makes me ravenous.

I'm trying to hit up Greyskull when there are some peeps up there. It was just me and John when I went up...Bony came by for a minute to do some whining, and Jenn brought us some Inside Outs, but I think it would be cool to meet the whole crew.

9/18

Press 180x1 200x1* 205x0*

I was surprised and bummed to notice what looks like a little knee bend in the video. But I'm going to count it. It's not as bad as Alexeev's 507. I got 205 to my forehead and got stuck.

Deadlift 455x1 500x1* 510x1*

A nice-looking 500:

A not-so-nice-looking 510:

I bet you have some more in you on the DL. If you pulled 500 that well, and then could get 510 not too long after, I bet you could get 520.

That's a pretty impressive deadlift. Didn't look all that ugly to me, considering it is a limit effort. I'd agree that you could probably have done at least 520. Deadlifting in the excess of 2.5xBW is some serious shit.

The Press, however, is a mini-push-press in my opinion. Also you could get under the bar way earlier, you almost have it locked out before you push under it.

And goddamn you need to eat. Imagine the poundages you could lift if you added the 20-40 lbs of BW it looks like you are lacking.

Thanks dudes. I feel like I could've pushed the DL a little more for sure. I definitely could've gotten under the press sooner, but I don't want to nitpick a PR too much. I'm working on the bodyweight. When I met Rip at Greyskull and he saw me squat, he told me I could squat 500 at a better bodyweight. Anyhow, I'm eating a cheesesteak right now.
    Last edited by LudwigVan; 09-18-2010 at 10:12 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
    Thanks dudes. I feel like I could've pushed the DL a little more for sure. I definitely could've gotten under the press sooner, but I don't want to nitpick a PR too much. I'm working on the bodyweight. When I met Rip at Greyskull and he saw me squat, he told me I could squat 500 at a better bodyweight. Anyhow, I'm eating a cheesesteak right now.
    Indeed. I wasnt nitpicking the Press (except the knee thing) but it would be easier, IMO, if you shoved your body under the bar sooner. Make that three cheesesteaks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789