starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E=McSTRONG

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Monday 10/24/11

Squat: 285 5x5

Felt good, though I have noticed a pretty big increase in difficulty.

Press: 115 5x5

Felt great, didn't need to use a belt and focused on the cues that I got off of 70s Big's post the other day.

Pullups: 6,4,3.
    GHR: 3x15
    Dips: 3x9

All of these felt good, though I think my pullups were significantly hindered by my press and then also by the fact that I've been doing dips so much. Almost to that threshold of 3x10, so I can start weighting those suckers.

Wednesday 26 Oct 11

Squat: 275 2x5
    Bench: 175 2x5
    Powerclean: 160 5x3 (PR)

Got some really good feedback from a Crossfitter/Olympic Lifting coach that happened to be in the gym. He gave me some good cues for my second pull, which may or may prompt me to deload in order to nail down better form. Going for a squat and press PR on Friday...

Friday 28 Oct 11

Squat: 340 1x5(PR)

These were tough, but I got through it. Last rep was a grind, felt great to get the PR.

Press: 135 1x5, 1x3

The 1x5 felt so good that I got three more a few minutes later just for kicks. Also, the 1x5 is a PR.

Chins: 7,5,4.
    Dips: 10,9,9.

Worked on my powerclean form by doing some hangcleans, really working on that second pull and getting under the bar.

Overall this week was pretty great, got three PRs on three separate lifts.

Monday 10/31/11

Front Squat: 165 3x5

Taking a week off of squats to let my back heal. My gym recently replaced all the bars with brand new ones with a wicked knurl that, while squatting, has basically led to a pretty broad scrape across my shoulder. I've been training through it the last few weeks, but I figure it would be better to let the wound heal and focus on something I haven't done in a while (Front squats.) Big focus today was getting the form down and not using my hands to handle the weight.

Bench: 175 5x5

Main event of the day, got all five sets in a relatively short amount of time. Was pushing pretty hard throughout this whole workout due to a time crunch and I wanted to get home.

Pullups: 6,4,4.

No dips this week and pullups felt weak. I think this is due to the fact that I've been pushing dips so hard and that I'm coming off a 5x5 PR on my bench...Also thought I'd back off a bit on the volume and effort in hopes of getting a good recovery week in.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 11/4/11

Front Squat: 175 3x5

Focused on form on these, as always. Concerned about taking the weight on my wrists when driving out of the hole. Back has healed for the most part, so it'll be back to the comfort zone for next week.

Bench: 205 1x5

Felt pretty good, though wrists were fatigued from the front squats.

Messed around with chins and dips, though nothing significant to report there. Concerned about protein intake, I think I rely too heavily on shakes and not enough on meat/eggs. Gonna start making hard-boiled eggs on the weekends for use during the week to supplement my protein intake.

Saturday 11/6/11

2min on/2 min off, 4 rounds.

Worked on my running for my upcoming PT test. The indoor track at my base is essentially a hamster wheel(1.0 miles=11 1/4 laps) so I'm doing a volume workout on Tuesdays(1+ miles) a light workout on Thursday(less than 1/2 mile) and a intensity workout on Saturdays(sprints.) This will be for the next couple weeks until I take my PT test on 21 Nov. Probably gonna stagnate my squat to help with the running, and just keep VD at 285 and ID at 340 for next week. Gonna reset my deadlift for a pull of 385 next Wednesday, which should be the big event of the week, followed by my PR press attempt on Friday for 140 1x5. Resting up this weekend with some football, beer, and white russians. Not bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123