starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: That RedHeaded Chick named Shelley

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Doing a quick update on my strength numbers this last week. I'm feeling much better so far during this show prep because I have a little more time than the last show. So, I'm starting out with higher #'s hoping that will enable me to move heavier weight for the high rep stuff and maintain more strength throughout the diet. Monday will mark 8 weeks out. Diet will start getting a little more strict.
    Bench 160x3x3 (last show prep, I could only get doubles here)
    135x5x5
    Squat 225x1, 235x1, 245x1, 255x1, 265x1... Then dropped to 205x5x5 (This sucked a little bit). 270# is my previous squat max before having some setbacks due to my hip. 265# felt pretty good. I almost went ahead and jumped to 275#, but I didn't want to get greedy. Technically the volume is more important right now, so I didn't want to take any chances of tweaking something. There wasn't anyone around to video the squats, but I did get one set of my bench on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jrQ...&feature=share

Nice work girlllllll I'm glad squat is feeling good and the bench has progressed! Spot in holding back and not getting greedy on the squat. It will come and PRs are not the focus of your training right now. Seems like your strength is holding up pretty well this time around. Looking forward to more updates

Smile

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RoriMegan View Post
    Nice work girlllllll I'm glad squat is feeling good and the bench has progressed! Spot in holding back and not getting greedy on the squat. It will come and PRs are not the focus of your training right now. Seems like your strength is holding up pretty well this time around. Looking forward to more updates
    Thanks Rori!!
    I'm starting off with much less BF than last time and had an extra month to prepare, so the diet isn't as extreme this time around...yet. I should have another 2-3 weeks of gains before the diet will probably affect my #'s. Hopefully!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789