Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 2,781 to 2,782 of 2782

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    8/3/24

Squat Monday -
    Single at 120kg, back off sets at 110kg 5*3. Had a bit of trouble with depth ... thought I was there, camera says I wasn't.
    These are feeing better, but I am having a mental issue figuring out how to get back to the 160's ... how the fuck did I do that???

Bench Wednesday -
    4 Count Single at 85kg, back off sets at 75kg 5*3, LTE sets at 42.5kg 7*4 That's a little successory PR ... surprised me it did. My Bench is coming back faster than everything else ... last to leave, first to come back.

Deadlift Thursday -
    Big Wheel single at 183kg, back off sets at 165kg 4*3 ... BELTLESS. It was beastly hot and humid today. I'm surprised I was able to get the whole session in ... well I did drop the suitcase carries, just too damn uncomfortable.

SBD Saturday -
    Revs Banded SSB at 120kg 2*4; 2 Board Bench at 80kg 8*3; Tempo Down RDLs at 115kg 7*3
    Just as ugly today ... this weather can go horsefuck!

Pretty good end to the cycle. We've definitely halted the regression, and I think we can look forward to loading the bar at bit heavier in the months to come.

My weight is now hovering between 206 - 210 lbs. That's up from the normal 198 - 205lbs It may be water weight for the most part, but I'm getting some comments on being "beefier". My chest and arms are definitely bigger. Oh vanity ... lol.

starting strength coach development program
    8/10/24

First week of a new cycle ...

Squat Monday -
    Single at 105kg, down sets at 95kg 3*3. Some Leg Press along with other successories. Brutal weather again ... actually had a mini Tornado a few miles away from us.

Bench Wednesday -
    2 Count Larsen at 75kg, down sets at 70kg 3*3. Lots of volume cable work for successories that were arm focused.
    Better weather today, and that made everything fly

Deadlift Thursday -
    Big Wheel triple at 163, down set Deads at 145kg 2*3
    And it's miserable humidity again ... Lots of leg work for successories. I'm a wet mess ...

SB Saturday -
    Reverse Band 3 Count Squats at 90kg 4*3; 4 Board Bench at 80kg 7*4; Tempo Leg Curls / Extensions.
    Got all this in after the Rookie / Novice meet we held at the gym ... fresh blood for the USAPL.
    I felt really good today ... pain free, easy movement patterns ... kinda like the old days. It helped that I had a great Sports Massage on Friday. I need to do that more often.

Feeling good, energy is good, attitude is good. I can't wait to go in for my cancer screening and tell them how wrong they were about TRT in my situation. I'm sure they'll be right ready to admit they were wrong ... LOL.